Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Last Outpost - Realtime RPG-X Roleplay  (Read 3447 times)

Offline Veritas

• Cadet 4th Class
    • The Last Outpost
The Last Outpost - Realtime RPG-X Roleplay
« on: 02 September 2010 08:52 PM »
Hey Hailing Frequency

I'm Veritas, co-founder of The Last Outpost, a new RPG-X roleplaying group that aims to revitalize the an excellent but aging community and create a stable, fun place for anyone who loves Trek roleplaying and Star Trek in general.

For those who aren't familiar with it, RPG-X is a game modification based on Star Trek: Elite Force. It turns your standard first person shooter game into a full-featured roleplaying environment. Players can take roles as part of a crew and play on one of countless ship, station, or colony types, ranging from Galaxy-class warships to tiny runabouts to enormous starbases. The game is entirely free-form and open-ended, and no two roleplays are the same - plots are created on the fly by anyone who wants to make one. Ships can travel through warp, go to red alert, fire weapons and activate transporters. It's about as close as you can get to really being on a working, moving starship.

The RPG-X community has traditionally been a small one, with common complaints about the mod being that it's complicated to learn and hard to setup - but no longer! Enter The Last Outpost, a new kind of roleplaying group. We're a small, simple forum, but our site is filled with tutorials, organized roleplays, and seasoned RPG-X members who are happy to bring this excellent mod to a new generation of roleplayers. As a community (not a clan or fleet) we have no requirements about membership - we're here to help you and get you involved, and to provide a community (we are also solely an RPG-X group; we don't support any other Trek games, including Star Trek Online).

If you've ever been interested in Star Trek simming or roleplaying, or want to try captaining a ship with a real, living and breathing crew, RPG-X is for you! The Last Outpost is here to extend an invitation to anyone who wants to get involved - we're here to bring the roleplaying experience we love to as many people as we can.

I personally am here to answer any questions anybody may have, and to work with the Trek community at large to spread the word about RPG-X and TLO. To learn more about RPG-X, you can visit the developer's website at http://www.ubergames.org (we're not affiliated with them, but we can dream!) or of course you can ask at our site, http://www.last-outpost.net. I'll also be avaliable here on Trek United and on MSN, so I look forward to hearing from anyone who's interested!

I hope you'll check TLO out!

Veritas

Offline Manitikan

• Cadet 4th Class
Re: The Last Outpost - Realtime RPG-X Roleplay
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2016 06:23 AM »
To believe in what we do and think it's right.