Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Needs of the Many and the UNDINE  (Read 3525 times)

Offline residentx

• Cadet 4th Class
The Needs of the Many and the UNDINE
« on: 30 September 2010 02:45 AM »
 :startrek025:

I joined STO back at the startup and quit due to early bugs. I decided to wait and  give them time to develop content. I was at the book store a month ago and saw an STO MMORPG Novel called STO: The Needs of the Many. I love this book! It's says it's based on the MMORPG. This book is about the Undine wars.

My question is how much do the Undine play in STO now? Can you create an Undine Character and become a spy? Some of the stories about Undine Infiltration are impressive. I would be very interested in soloing as an Undine under these circumstances.

I want to come back to STO but I'm waiting for the Undine storyline. What is the status of STO Now?
« Last Edit: 30 September 2010 02:59 AM by residentx »

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
Re: The Needs of the Many and the UNDINE
« Reply #1 on: 30 September 2010 10:23 AM »
You cannot play Undine in STO yet, though I am sure you will be able too later on.

That said, the game has improved alot since February, so I highly recommend you check it out.   They won't be adding a new faction until at least Season 4 I believe.

Offline residentx

• Cadet 4th Class
« Reply #2 on: 30 September 2010 04:26 PM »
 :startrek008:

Thanks for the information. Another question, if you play as StarFleet, are you given tools to detect Undine in the game? Do they "transform" in the game? Can you do away missions to Fluidic Space?

George

Offline residentx

• Cadet 4th Class
« Reply #3 on: 30 September 2010 04:54 PM »
 :startrek006:

Can you be a Federation MACO(Miltary Assault Command Organization) Agent?

Offline Jatal Khyron

• Hailing Frequency Donator
  • Lieutenant Junior Grade
  • Gamma Fleet Overlord
« Reply #4 on: 02 October 2010 12:05 AM »
OK, well I can say that they do transform in the game. Sometimes at the least opportune moments. =/

There are a few missions to fluidic space, but I think they are reserved for when you get higher in rank. There are no methods to detect them however. It's what makes them so dangerous.

As for being a a redshirt...uhh, I mean MACO    ;)...you can be anything in the game you really wanna be, but since the game takes place in the 24th century, the MACOs don't really exist anymore, nor are there any uniforms. Yet. (They do have TOS uniforms and ships, so maybe they will have those eventually. )

Offline residentx

• Cadet 4th Class
« Reply #5 on: 02 October 2010 01:29 AM »
 :startrek016:

Thanks for the comments. In the MMORPG Novel I mentioned above the MACOs were alive and well. Maybe this is an error in the story. I really want to play from the Undine side but it will probably expansionset 10 or Season 10 from STO :-)