Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tajtiq-class Light Battleship  (Read 6230 times)

Offline sm12905

• Cadet 1st Class
Tajtiq-class Light Battleship
« on: 09 June 2008 05:15 AM »
Tajtiq-class Light Battleship

Class: Tajtiq-class.
Length: 30.2 yards
Beam: 13.7 yards
Height: 6.5 yards
Departmental class: light battleship/patrol vessel.
Cruise Velocity: Warp 8
Maximum Velocity: Warp 9.5
Weapons systems: 10 type 6 disruptor arrays,  two forward photon torpedo launchers, one forward Quantum torpedo launcher, two forward Quantum torpedo launchers.
Design: The Tajtiq-class was designed shortly after the dominion war. As the Klingon empire began to rebuild, it found itself short on shipyards with which to repair the many ships damaged in the war. As Utopia Plantera had several empty docks, and in order to improve diplomatic relations, the federation council decided that the Klingon could use the extra bays to repair their ships. This had the side effect of introducing the Klingon engineers to many federation technologies and ideas. The Klingon engineers, impressed with the federation designs (particularly the Intrepid-class) returned to their home world and designed the Tajtiq-class light battleship using many Federation ideas, including:

Disruptor arrays
       By aligning many small disruptor emitters into an array, the ship's disruptor weapons become more accurate, at the expense of some of their power. Due to the ship's design, this was a necessary trade off, as normal disruptor cannons were not accurate enough.

A captain's yacht
theTajtiq-class has the distinction of being the first Klingon ship to feature one a captain's yacht. Unlike the yachts used by the federation, which are intended for transporting VIPs, this one is designed to transport groups of Klingon warriors to the surface of planets.

A separable "head" section.
The "head" section of the ship can separate  from the the "neck", similar to saucer separation.  This is intended to be used for situations where the ship needs to be two places at once, but, in reality, it is more often used to allow the head section to be used as a last-ditch weapon. As this section contains the ammunition storage areas for the ship's main torpedo launchers, the effect on an enemy ship can be disastrous.

Wing-mounted impulse engines.
The impulse engines are mounted in the wings, giving the ship much more internal space. This also has the added benefit of better sub-light  maneuverability.

Alignment & Era: Klingon Empire, Nemesis Era

Purpose within the Klingon Empire: to support the larger Vor'cha and Negh'Var class battleships

Offline Crazyfist

• Ensign
Re: Tajtiq-class Light Battleship
« Reply #1 on: 09 June 2008 06:05 AM »
Interesting ideas indeed :D

Though the Vor'Cha is not a battleship :P
Proud member of the {UFP}, trek gaming since -02.
www.ufplanets.com

Offline BLZBUB

• Hailing Frequency Donator
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • USS Betelgeuse
    • Lotus Fleet
« Reply #2 on: 09 June 2008 06:11 AM »
 A very interesting design here sm12905.
 I am wondering why so small? At 30x6.5 yards, there isn't much room for more than two decks, so a crew complement can not be very large. But then Klingon designs were never built for comfort, were they!
 I am assuming a typo witn the " one forward Quantum torpedo launcher, two forward Quantum torpedo launchers" part of the post. Launchers are fairly large units, so am considering it as one forward launcher for now.
 Also, I like the idea of a disruptor array, being similar to the Federation array type. An interesting tech up-grade for the Klingon's to employ.
 Perhaps they give us some cloaking tech in trade? :D
Fleet Admiral BLZBUB,
Fleet Commanding Officer,
Lotus Fleet

Offline sm12905

• Cadet 1st Class
« Reply #3 on: 09 June 2008 05:07 PM »
The reason the dimensions are so small is that I posted the wrong set of dimensions.
also, it was supposed to be "one forward Quantum torpedo launcher, two forward Quantum torpedo tubes".
Both errors are the result of the fact I finished typing this up at roughly midnight.

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: 11 June 2008 09:28 AM »
I like this design, and i like the thought that has gone into the specs, and the backstory!  I guess i like detailed ships!

Offline jackgmackel

• Cadet 4th Class
  • I am a health care trainer
    • Vitamin manufacturing
« Reply #5 on: 18 July 2012 07:53 AM »
I thought that Classic Battleships Light is the new addition to the Concepts series of logic puzzle packs. So then, will you sink or swim?

Vitamin manufacturing