Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mod Announcement: Star Trek Armada 3  (Read 11771 times)

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
Mod Announcement: Star Trek Armada 3
« on: 16 November 2012 04:35 PM »

Star Trek: Armada 3 is a mod for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. It is the spiritual successor to Armada 2. It is being created by Max Loef a name not unfamiliar if you were a member in the old Bethesda Star Trek forums.

The first stage will contain the Federation and Klingon factions, soon after the Romulans and Borg will follow.

What ships are in the mod?

A full list of ships included in the mod will be released shortly but right now I can say that almost all ships from Armada 2 will be returning, in allot more detailed models of course and that there will also be allot of new additions to the playing field.

How acurate (canon) will the mod be?

Acuracy is a funny thing in Star trek, it tends to change after a few episodes, as a ship took 10 phaser blasts in one it might be destroyed by a single on in the next season. That is why I have chosen to try to remain canon AS LONG as it doesnt interfere with gameplay and fun.

I want this mod to be fun to play and not be weirdly balanced that it may be accurate but unplayable.

You can follow the mod at http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-trek-armada-3/ and we will post information as it becomes available and below, you can find a gallery of ALL released Armada 3 images thus far!

« Last Edit: 16 November 2012 04:37 PM by Zach »

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
Re: Mod Announcement: Star Trek Armada 3
« Reply #1 on: 16 November 2012 04:36 PM »