Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Star Trek Trexels for iPhone & iPad  (Read 7076 times)

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
Star Trek Trexels for iPhone & iPad
« on: 12 December 2013 11:25 PM »

[x]cube GAMES and YesGnome, LLC are pleased to announce a whole new way for fans “to boldly go where no one has gone before” with Star Trek™ Trexels™, a mobile game available now for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

A temporal rift has caused old foes and surprising new allies to find their way into an unexplored region of space. Build your ship, choose your crew, and explore an 8-bit galaxy like no one has before.

Set within the original Star Trek universe, players will encounter familiar characters and locations from Star Trek™: The Original Series and Star Trek™: The Next Generation, as well as all new crew members, aliens, and mysterious planets to explore. The game also features narration by the one and only George Takei, the original music from the series, and a user interface based on the iconic LCARS (Library Computer Access/Retrieval System) system.

“We were really inspired by the spirit of the original series, especially the sense of exploration and adventure,” explained Craig Bolin, Senior Game Designer at YesGnome. “Our goal was not only to give players the opportunity to build and customize their own ships, but the chance to journey through an entire galaxy’s worth of strange new worlds and civilizations.”

Key Features:

• Narrated by the one and only George Takei
  • Music from the original series
  • Gameplay using a next generation LCARS interface
  • Unique “Trexelated” art style
  • Exciting Space Combat and Away Missions
  • Customize your ship for maximum efficiency

« Last Edit: 12 December 2013 11:42 PM by Zach »

Offline BLZBUB

• Hailing Frequency Donator
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • USS Betelgeuse
    • Lotus Fleet
Re: Star Trek Trexels for iPhone & iPad
« Reply #1 on: 14 December 2013 12:43 AM »
CNET did a review on this new app game, and mostly, it come's off as a welcome addition to the Star Trek game franchise.
 Mind you, a lot of app games fall by the wayside when purchase interest falls off.

But Xcube Games' Craig Bolin state's in the article:

"The entire design Trexels is meant to be the first module in the series," Bolin explained. "In the sense that we've only got 'The Original Series' and 'The Next Generation' characters. But we're planning on wanting to do a 'Voyager' module, a 'Deep Space Nine,' an 'Enterprise,'" he added.

CBS Interactive Director of Games, Erika Winterholler, added in the review:

"We're also planning a series of free, additional content updates that we hope fans will really enjoy."

For myself, it is a nice review of this new game. But I will take the CNET article with a grain of salt because ...well, CNET is also owned by CBS.
« Last Edit: 14 December 2013 12:45 AM by BLZBUB »
Admiral BLZBUB,
Fleet Executive Officer,
Lotus Fleet

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: 14 December 2013 02:15 AM »
A friend of mine is playing this and enjoying it.

I do not have any Apple devices so until it comes to Android, I cannot try it.

Offline Jeff T

• Cadet 1st Class
    • Lotus Fleet
« Reply #3 on: 14 December 2013 06:11 AM »
Yea... I have a Samsung Galaxy that uses Android as well... so I'll be waiting too.
Admiral Jeff T
Fleet Commanding Officer (acting)
Command CO
Lotus Fleet

Offline next491

• Cadet 3rd Class
« Reply #4 on: 01 December 2016 05:20 AM »
I thank you for the information! I was looking for and could not find. You helped me!

TrekWar