Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Interview] Final Pre-Launch Interview with the Star Trek Online Dev Team  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
HailingFrequency.com is conducting a final pre-launch audio interview with the Star Trek Online Development team tomorrow evening.

We know the game is out in just a few days and that most of you are in open beta already, however,  we are sure there are some questions out there that people are just dying to ask.

If you have a question for the Star Trek Online Development team, please post them here, or e-mail to zach@hailingfrequency.com

Interview will be released on Thursday Morning GMT.

Jaden Kayne

First, congratulations on running a successful Beta. Good luck with the Launch!

My question is about Captain and Bridge Officer Skills. THere isn't that much information in-game on the skills and how they interrelate with each other. Is that a design decision by the devs to have the players experiment with different sets and skills?

If so, will a respec ever be offered to the community?

Thanks,

Offline Xavoc

• Cadet 4th Class
will there be areas in which 'OPEN' pvp battles can take place were the point of the battle is to take over a space station or planet which may unlock for example vendors with items that are not available in other locations? (something that may resemble 'Wintergrasp' in Wow)

Thanks

Xavoc

Offline Brainasium

• STO Trivia Competition #1 Winners
  • Cadet 1st Class
I really love what I've seen so far.

My question: Do you plan on opening up the systems from missions we complete?  For example, it would be more realistic and really enjoyable if I could travel back to the P'Jem system after I complete the mission.  It was a beautiful planet and I'd just love to explore or fight the mobs hanging around.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: 27 January 2010 02:22 AM by Brainasium »

Offline Nova

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
    • Lotus Fleet
Post launch question.

1. When and what type of content is currently underdevelopment to be introduced for the Fleets?

2. Will Fleets have their own Star base in their own star system?
3. Will there be Fleet specific missions that can be received from their starbase and will offer a item that gives a bonus to all Fleet members?
4. what kind of features will a starbase have (similar to Earth Starbase and Memory alpha?
5. what kind of customization will the Fleets have with regard to their own starbase planets.
6. will they get to decide the style and design of their base both externally and internally.
7. will those star systems have planets we can beam down to where Fleet members can have housing on a colony
8. will there be the ability for Fleets to have different tiers of systems in which they can inhabit for example:

A tier 1 fleet system may only have a starbase

where a tier 4 system may have a Starbase, a Ship Yard, and a Planet or Planets in which resources can be "mined" and Fleet members can colonize with their own housing.

9. what kind of Fleet vs Fleet/house functionality is currently being discussed?

Offline Xavoc

• Cadet 4th Class
Post launch question.

1. When and what type of content is currently underdevelopment to be introduced for the Fleets?

2. Will Fleets have their own Star base in their own star system?
3. Will there be Fleet specific missions that can be received from their starbase and will offer a item that gives a bonus to all Fleet members?
4. what kind of features will a starbase have (similar to Earth Starbase and Memory alpha?
5. what kind of customization will the Fleets have with regard to their own starbase planets.
6. will they get to decide the style and design of their base both externally and internally.
7. will those star systems have planets we can beam down to where Fleet members can have housing on a colony
8. will there be the ability for Fleets to have different tiers of systems in which they can inhabit for example:

A tier 1 fleet system may only have a starbase

where a tier 4 system may have a Starbase, a Ship Yard, and a Planet or Planets in which resources can be "mined" and Fleet members can colonize with their own housing.

9. what kind of Fleet vs Fleet/house functionality is currently being discussed?

That would be so awesome :) Cryptic higher this person hehe good ideas here!

Offline Sarevok

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
  • Aries Fleet XO
That would be so awesome :) Cryptic higher this person hehe good ideas here!
Better idea: they could hire him!

Although that would probably mean Lotus Fleet would have to miss it's CO, which would be a shame.

Offline BLZBUB

• Hailing Frequency Donator
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • USS Betelgeuse
    • Lotus Fleet
 Well, if they miss him too much, I could always re-calibrate their weapons aiming algorithms for them. It's always a shame when you 'miss' the CO. :P
Fleet Admiral BLZBUB,
Fleet Commanding Officer,
Lotus Fleet

Offline Brainasium

• STO Trivia Competition #1 Winners
  • Cadet 1st Class
thanks for asking my question guys!