Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Advisory Council Setup, Hailing Frequency not Invited  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
Recently, Cryptic Studios and Atari announced that they have setup a Star Trek Online Advisory Council to help them found out what the fans are saying about the game, what they want, so on and so forth.

Despite representing more than 4800 dedicated Star Trek Gaming Fans and enthusiasts, we are saddend to say that HailingFrequency.com was not contacted, invited, or considered for a role in this council.

See the announcement regarding this council at http://www.startrekonline.com/node/1470

Offline nean0901

• Cadet 2nd Class
    • The Interstellar Diaries
Re: Advisory Council Setup, Hailing Frequency not Invited
« Reply #1 on: 03 April 2010 02:52 PM »
This might be due to the fact that its been ages since the last podcast...

Offline BLZBUB

• Hailing Frequency Donator
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • USS Betelgeuse
    • Lotus Fleet
« Reply #2 on: 03 April 2010 03:40 PM »
 This council appears to be an elitist group from the looks of it, but may just also be another sttention grabbing stunt for the forums over there. Perhaps it is better to be off that council for the time being.
Admiral BLZBUB,
Fleet Executive Officer,
Lotus Fleet

Offline Brainasium

• STO Trivia Competition #1 Winners
  • Cadet 1st Class
« Reply #3 on: 03 April 2010 04:44 PM »
while I feel the council was ill-conceived to start, I already wrote to advise them of this glaring omission and mistake. 

When I say ill-conceived I mean that because they already insist they listen to the communityís requests via the forums, then why name an elite few to give (the appearance of?) more influence to.  It just seems like a bit of a careless move in an already very touchy/sensitive player base.

Offline nean0901

• Cadet 2nd Class
    • The Interstellar Diaries
« Reply #4 on: 03 April 2010 05:28 PM »
Personally, I think it is a good Idea as 3/4 people have major followings. (not sure about the berlin person) So they can channel info from their following to the devs...

Offline Hamilton

• STO Trivia Competition #2 Winner
  • Ensign
  • Game Simulation Technician
    • Force of Arms
« Reply #5 on: 04 April 2010 01:46 AM »
While I do believe player boards have purposes and usefulness, but how Cryptic went about with it...  poorly executed and only about marketing than of supporting a community.  And this is a massive diplo-blunder.  Looking over those four sites, only one stands out as a fan site for STO, while the others about selling things and ... that fracking blog. 

What The Frack, Over? 
Really, this is what Cryptic wants to promote and have as role-models?  Someone who hates her dad so uses his razor to shave her privates?!?!

While I admit to being inactive due to how I saw the direction Cryptic was going with STO, this is over the top.  All this advisory board is for is to receive the news from Cryptic and pass it (or the spins) on to the masses.  Just as with the setup as in Star Wars Galaxies.  SOE doesn't receive input, they tell those senators what is going to happen and let those senators tell the players.  Ugh.

I was also shocked that Hailing Frequency was not part of the list.  You guys here have been dedicated and passionate about STO from a long time. 

And why am I not surprised that when a game company screws up they go freaking silent rather than stand up and work through it?  Come Monday there will be some sort of spin Damage Control going on...

Sorry for the rant, but this is all a bunch of Bravo Sierra of what Cryptic pulled.  You guys & gals deserve better.

Post Merge: 04 April 2010 04:39 AM
The offensive blog has been quietly removed from the listing of Advisory Members.
And Cryptic has remain silent...

Oh this is going to be of fun interest to see, if any, damage control spin comes up.
« Last Edit: 04 April 2010 04:39 AM by Hamilton »
Sign off,
Hamilton

Offline Brainasium

• STO Trivia Competition #1 Winners
  • Cadet 1st Class
« Reply #6 on: 04 April 2010 07:06 AM »
well I believe that it was a good intentioned idea but carried out too quickly.  I hope they can pull something out of it. It's never a bad thing for a game to bring in new players. 

Offline starbaseprime

• Cadet 2nd Class
« Reply #7 on: 08 April 2010 03:36 PM »
Recently, Cryptic Studios and Atari announced that they have setup a Star Trek Online Advisory Council to help them found out what the fans are saying about the game, what they want, so on and so forth.

Despite representing more than 4800 dedicated Star Trek Gaming Fans and enthusiasts, we are saddend to say that HailingFrequency.com was not contacted, invited, or considered for a role in this council.

See the announcement regarding this council at http://www.startrekonline.com/node/1470

Considering all the forum mud slinging and bashing, I'd have to say that was your lucky day Zach.  Somebody somewhere likes you guys.  Who knows, perhaps they meant you originally rather than that lady that said "What the **** am I doing on this list?"

As things calm down, I hope you do apply for it.  Except for the lady that left, I think they're all based in the US, so they need some EU participation.

Offline fuzzie

• Cadet 3rd Class
« Reply #8 on: 06 May 2010 10:37 AM »
I agree with the people above. Staying clear of the SFC is a really good idea at this time. Maybe when their role is better defined you can join.