Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cryptic's STO and STXI Timeline  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Cleopatra

• Ensign
  • Future Teacher
Cryptic's STO and STXI Timeline
« on: 13 June 2009 04:30 AM »
They posted a chart detaling where the timelines seperate. It looks very pretty. All the series are labelled.The best part is towards the end of the STO/Main Timeline. I want to give warning that it spoils an important part of the game's plot. I am really excited about it because it means war.
Time is the fire in which we burn. -Gene Roddenberry

Offline BLZBUB

• Hailing Frequency Donator
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • USS Betelgeuse
    • Lotus Fleet
Re: Cryptic's STO and STXI Timeline
« Reply #1 on: 13 June 2009 10:05 AM »
 If you are really a logical Vulcan...war is not necessarily the logical outcome!  =)

But really...why is it that the general public ( them ) cannot grasp the concept of temporal machanics as compared to the people ( us ) that know Star Trek?
Fleet Admiral BLZBUB,
Fleet Commanding Officer,
Lotus Fleet

Offline Sarevok

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
  • Aries Fleet XO
« Reply #2 on: 13 June 2009 10:16 AM »
I want to give warning that it spoils an important part of the game's plot. I am really excited about it because it means war.
Uh, apart from the date, how is that a spoiler? We already knew there was a Fed-Klingon war in the game...

Offline Falin

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
  • Fleet Grand Admiral, Tholian Defense Forces
« Reply #3 on: 13 June 2009 02:05 PM »
the new split timeline is off a bit, the split occured some time before the kelvin interescted teh narda.

this is evidenced by the one singlefact that in TOS the main view screen was not a window and was reinforced in Enerprise as not being a window as well. yet eh Kelvin had a window that needed to be Polorized before war. this single difference means that sometime beofre or after enterprise and before the Kelvin incident there was an even more suttle split in the timeline.
Admiral and Commander, TDFS Vindicator

Offline Cleopatra

• Ensign
  • Future Teacher
« Reply #4 on: 13 June 2009 09:54 PM »
Uh, apart from the date, how is that a spoiler? We already knew there was a Fed-Klingon war in the game...

There's alot of people in this world that do not want any spoilers ever. When I used to be interested in Harry Potter, most of their forums had seperate sections for spoilers. On comic book forums they often have a time limit before it's no longer a spoiler.
Time is the fire in which we burn. -Gene Roddenberry