Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Monthly Costs, Lifetime Subscriptions and How to Get an Exclusive Type 8 Shuttle  (Read 3127 times)

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
One of the hottest questions since Star Trek Online was announced, has been "How much is it going to cost me to pay each month?"

Well, Cryptic Studios have finally posted the monthly subsciption costs for Star Trek Online, as well as LIMITED offers on yearly and lifetime subscriptions!

Put simply, Star Trek Online is going to cost $15.00 per month to play.  You can also by blocks of 3 and 6 month playtime credit at $41.97 and $77.94 respecivly.

A one year subscription is going to set you back an even $119.99 and it gets you an additional 2 character slots.

A lifetime subscription is $239.99 which gets you 2 extra character slots and gives you the option of playing a "liberated Borg" as your character.  We think this is a great deal, but be warned, rumour has it that this will only be available until Jan 31st!

More details including rates in GBP, EUR and a range of other countries can be found at http://www.startrekonline.com/subscribe

How to get an Exclusive Type 8 Shuttle Pet

Cryptic Studios have teamed up with the North American Fast Food Outlet "Del Taco" to offer an exclusive content code on their beverage cups.  The code gets you a Type 8 Shuttle Pet which basically follows your ship around in game. 

Pretty cool - and for folks outside of the US, a kind community member is offering to head down to his local Del Taco and get a code for you,  but it will cost you $3.50 which covers his time and the gas used in his car.

Check out the offer at http://www.minotek.com/os/news.php and the guy has over 50 pages of feedback so its not a scam - see http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=1451074

Offline Star*Dagger

• Hailing Frequency Donator
  • Cadet 1st Class
  • Salus Populi Suprema Lex Est
 :startrek067: :startrek068: :startrek109:
I am in for Life!
I think the elapsed time between the announcement and my being in for life was 2.7 minutes and that is because it wouldn't work with direct CC payment, I had to go Paypal.

If you have even a marginal interest in this game, do this, it will save your thousands of dollars in the long run.

Yours in Eternal Plasma,
Star¤Dagger
Ahr'caehhere faell rhifv plicarate'dhohh kivoi eiheurrhelhai draes.

It is a rare event that a man should err due to restraint. -- Nnerhin tr'Liemha, "Discourse"

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
Yeah I am planning to get the Lifetime, just trying to convince my better half that in the long run, it will save us money lol

Offline Star*Dagger

• Cadet 1st Class
Explain to her that in 1.5 years you will be saving money!

It is a rare event that a man should err due to restraint. -- Nnerhin tr'Liemha, "Discourse"

Offline Zambazun

• 1000 Open Beta Key Giveaway Extravaganza
  • Cadet 3rd Class
i don't think money is the issue here, right Zach?
I seem to here something like: "When do you intend to stop playing computer games, dear?"

:)

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
Well its a combination of "when do you intend to stop playing games" - and "when do you intend to stop wasting time on geeky star trek".

Offline Star*Dagger

• Cadet 1st Class
You have to explain to her that Star Trek is a positive vision of the future that helps current day people reach for something greater than themselves, a future where the Galaxy is at peace, under the banner of the Romulan Star Empire! :startrek109: