Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Star Trek Games / Re: Star Trek Starfleet Command Game cant install
« Last post by Apocolypse on 28 January 2017 11:39 AM  »
Might have more luck building a time machine and going back in time to play it. I haven't tried installing any of my old Star Trek PC games in a while I just remember the last time being painful.

-Apoc
Introductions (The Landing Bay) / Hello!
« Last post by Apocolypse on 28 January 2017 11:35 AM  »
Hey everyone,

I have been around the Star Trek gaming community among others on and off for quite awhile. I started with Starfleet Command and MPlayer, and there may still be a few that remember me from there.

-Apoc
Latest Star Trek Gaming News / Reviews and Content Coming Soon
« Last post by Zach on 27 January 2017 01:13 PM  »

As we head into 2017, I find myself wondering just what to do with “Hailing Frequency”.  We haven’t produced any new podcasts for quite some time now and yet traffic to the site is still high. The forum is not particularly active, yet unique visitors to the site have remained consistent so it does seem to be clear that there is some “hunger” for gaming related news and info.

That being said, the Star Trek Gaming community is still not anywhere near the highs of the early parts of this century – just one or two new games a year and nothing in the “AAA” category.  In 2017, the only slated released is “Bridge Crew”, a VR Star Trek Game by Ubisoft. Being a VR game however, it cannot become a huge hit as the VR market is still fairly limited.  I myself purchased an HTC Vive just a few months ago at a cost of around $600 dollars and then had to throw down another $1300 upgrading my computer to the point where I could run VR games at the settings needed to avoid motion sickness.

Therefore, we may very well need to branch out and review some other Star Trek products in order to keep content alive on the site. We shall see.

In the meantime, Bridge Crew is slated for release in February and I will definetly be reviewing that. I’ll see if I can figure out how to produce some videos from it too.

Live long and prosper all!

Writers Den & RPGs / Re: Task Force 93 requires new blood!
« Last post by RaWolfe on 29 December 2016 06:58 PM  »

(From left to right: Captain Takato, Captain Demets and Captain Ivanovich)

Good day,

Today I have an update on the events that are happening at the borders. However this message is not related towards any of the Gorn conflict that we are currently experiencing. This news is to report that the fear that most already had in the civilian areas became true. The Klingon Empire has collapse into a state of civil war and are now weaken by the new formed state named Sovereignty of Kahless. We have no certain data on the matter, only that we can confirm a shift of power.

This also concludes the sad news that the Sovereignty of Kahless has attacked various Starfleet vessels among borders and captured the amount of crew as their own prisoners. So far we have not been able to conclude any diplomatic demands or connection with this state. For now we keep trying and strengthen our borders.

These casualties so far:
Captain Demets of the USS Washington (Prisoner)
Captain Takato of the USS Tornado (Prisoner)
Captain Ivanovich of the USS Tyson (Prisoner)
USS Tesla (Crew Captured, Ship destroyed)
USS Phobos (Crew Captured, Ship destroyed)
We are still collecting the information and will supply this to you as soon as possible. Please keep this line in check for future announcements regarding the situation of Beta Quadrant operations.

--
Rear Admiral Anin
Task Force Commanding Officer
Task Force 93, Bravo Fleet

Writers Den & RPGs / Re: Trek Into the Wild with the USS Pandora
« Last post by BLZBUB on 17 December 2016 08:38 AM  »
 While never personally having command of an RP ship in my fleet, I've sat beside the Captain on occasion, so I am somewhat familiar with your experience. I like your choice of the Luna class vessel. Seems very capable from what I read on the Star Trek Online wiki.

And, to use a couple lines from Nemisis: "If I may, just a word of advice about your first command? ... When your first officer insists that you can't go on away missions... Ignore him.""

:startrek061: :startrek065:
« Last post by Temple on 15 December 2016 11:50 AM  »
Thank you, I appreciate your support. Yes we're a new ship and this is my first time as a CO so I'm very excited, but I think we have a good premise.

Happy to be part of the community.
« Last post by BLZBUB on 15 December 2016 03:22 AM  »
Welcome aboard Temple.
 I look forward to hearing about your upcoming travels into the Inconnu Expanse. Surrounded by those 3 civilizations, it should prove to be an indomitable task ... but we have every confidence in the Federation, and the USS Pandora.
 Again, welcome aboard the UFP Devilfish.
Writers Den & RPGs / Trek Into the Wild with the USS Pandora
« Last post by Temple on 14 December 2016 12:48 PM  »

Who We Are:

The USS Pandora is a newly refurbish, top of the line Luna Class deep-space exploration vessel. We are a new simulation looking for active and creative writers. We operate as part of Bravo Fleet's 72nd Task Force in the year 2388. The ship is captained by Lieutenant Commander Temple.

We are seeking bold explorers, curious scientists, brave warriors, and dependable officers for a brand new deep-space mission into unchartered and dangerous territory. The Pandora welcomes all willing and passionate writers to join our growing community and contribute to our unique stories. Whether you're an old hand or fresh newbie, we'll have a place for you here.

Where We're Going:

Soon we will fly into the unchartered, lawless, often chaotic region known as the Inconnu Expanse. This region is surrounded by violent gravitational storms, and our unfriendly neighbours are super powers like the Breen, Ferengi, Tzenkethi Coalition, and rogue Cardassians, - in addition to being raided by devilish Ravengers and opportunistic bandit Pirates. There are so many storyline possibilities here as we mix Next Generation style exploration and discovery, with all the dangers of Voyager's tense journey through hostile territory.

We'll be helping to fight the good fight, improve the Federation's presence in the region, and investigate the intense spacial phenomena that envelopes us. As a member of this crew, you are the audience, the writers, and the history-makers of the new USS Pandora. Every Player onboard this ship can contribute to our missions, plot discussions, personal stories, and the legacy of this fine vessel.

Who We Need:

As a new ship, many positions are still open but don't wait too long to come onboard. We especially require Department Heads for:

• Science
  • Medical
  • Security
  • Intelligence
  • Flight Control / Navigation
  • Diplomacy
  • Recreation Facilities

We want people who love to write about Trek; who want to write that classic exploration of Next Gen and all the action of Voyager; and those who want to immerse themselves in the character and setting. Even if you're new to Trek and Trek Simming, this is the perfect place to start as we're also a new sim but with plenty of experience in our senior players to help you through, show you the ropes, and help you get acquainted.

All you need is a passion for writing and the thrill of adventure.

Join Us Today!
Writers Den & RPGs / Re: Task Force 93 requires new blood!
« Last post by RaWolfe on 04 December 2016 10:02 AM  »
Welcome to Hailing Frequency RaWolfe. I hope your stay here aboard the UFP DevilFish will generate some attention to your Task Force 93, as well as Bravo Fleet overall.
 If I or the other staff may aid you in any way, please do not hesitate to ask. If I may point out, we have a Fleet Directory where-in you may post links for Star Trek fleets such as Bravo Fleet. Feel free to introduce yourselves over in there at any time.

http://hailingfrequency.com/boards/fleet-directory-(clansguildsrpg)/

Thank you for your kind words and supportive backup! :)
 Again, welcome to the UFP DevilFish, and Hailing Frequency.

Respectfully:

BLZBUB.
General Discussion / Re: anyone still play?
« Last post by next491 on 01 December 2016 05:20 AM  »
Unfortunately, I can not help you! I'm not good at this. Sorry!((
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10