Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Star Trek BOTF For iPhone  (Read 6807 times)

Offline JeanAllTrekkie

• Hailing Frequency Reporter
  • Cadet 1st Class
    • Star Trek Gaming - BLOG
Star Trek BOTF For iPhone
« on: 18 August 2009 09:10 AM »
Hey Yall

I want to put out a general call for anyone interested in joining a project I want to develop.  The project would be to create a Lite version of Star Trek Birth of The Federation for the iPhone.  I got inpired to do a project like this after I played a few games on the iPhone (Civilization & Archangel) and realized... that a BOTF type game would work for the iPhone. 

This would be a very simple game to do.  There would be no combat graphics to worry about (Each battle would be auto-computed) and we would limit the amount of content and mircomanagement in the game.  Basically we would concentrate on Ship movement, production, diplomacy, research and some espionage.  Each would be scaled down and easier to make than a full deluxe game like BOTF. 

Im handling all the work that needs to be done with CBS about licensing rights, which means once the games done you will be paid for your time.  But this isnt really about the money... this is about having a strategy Star Trek game for The iPhone... and soon after other smartphones.  So we can fight the Borg, develop colonies & allies and combat Klingons all while on the way to work. 

This is what I need.  People who are experienced with

- Game Design
- Programming : Specifically Objective-C (MAC)
- Art & Graphics

So if your experienced and interested please contact me @ jeanalltrekkie@yahoo.com .  This project wont be a burden or stress you out.  This is purely to be done on your off time.  Were going to have fun making a great game.

Thanks for your time guys and gals.

Q'PLA

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
Re: Star Trek BOTF For iPhone
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2009 10:11 AM »
This is a really good idea, shame I don't have an I-Phone lol.  I will make sure this is mentioned in the next show!

Offline mstrobel

• Cadet 3rd Class
« Reply #2 on: 01 June 2010 04:25 PM »
Objective-C experience isn't necessary; this could be done in C# using MonoTouch.  In fact, you could cannibalize a lot of the source code from Star Trek: Supremacy.  None of the graphics/UI code could be used, but plenty of the core code could.

I think the iPad is an even more compelling platform for this type of game.  Both platforms could be targeted, though.

Offline Arnoldo0321

• Cadet 4th Class
    • 5ZWGaFRfdn
« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2013 07:57 AM »
Objective-C experience isn't necessary; this could be done in C# using MonoTouch.  In fact, you could cannibalize a lot of the source code from Star Trek: Supremacy.  None of the graphics/UI code could be used, but plenty of the core code could.

I think the iPad is an even more compelling platform for this type of game.  Both platforms could be targeted, though.

haha 
« Last Edit: 09 May 2013 03:11 PM by BLZBUB »

Offline morexc

• Cadet 4th Class
« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2013 01:53 PM »
This is great..I will check it with my iPhone.

Offline BLZBUB

• Hailing Frequency Donator
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • USS Betelgeuse
    • Lotus Fleet
« Reply #5 on: 13 June 2013 05:40 AM »
 Keep us informed how the app is progressing on this morexc. I am sure there are a few around here that would like a third-party overview of this.
 Oh, and welcome aboard! We are happy to have you with us on the UFP Devilfish.
Fleet Admiral BLZBUB,
Fleet Commanding Officer,
Lotus Fleet