Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Historic Star Trek board/RPG game maker seeking computer game developers  (Read 6123 times)

Offline Kinneas

• Illustrator/Designer
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • Howdy, folks!

Historic Star Trek board/rpg game maker Amarillo Design Bureau like so many other companies (Atari) are also going through a rebirth/reboot.

They just moved into the new Steve Cole building after half a lifetime at their old location and are seeking ideas...including marketing ideas.

One idea is consulting and licensing the historic content and branding on a new series of video games games based on the historic Star Fleet properties they hold and that have been used as the inspiration for one of the best selling Star Trek computer game series of all time: Starfleet Command.

Another is to license ALL the content for a STAR FLEET UNIVERSE MMO.

URL:  http://www.starfleetgames.com/

Amarillo Design Bureau, Inc., has taken over as publisher of SFB and the Star Fleet Universe from TFG. Task Force Games will have no further role in publishing SFB products. All future products will be produced and marketed by ADB, Inc. ADB,  Inc. is a proud member of the Game Manufacturers' Association.

You may want to make a note of the contact information for the new publisher:

Amarillo Design Bureau, Inc., Post Office Box 8759, Amarillo TX 79114
Telephone: 806-351-1950; Fax 806-351-2585
Email (rules questions) design@StarFleetGames.com
Email (orders, schedules: sales@StarFleetGames.com
Email (Customer Service) support@StarFleetGames.com
Email (Marketing) marketing@StarFleetGames.com
website www.StarFleetGames.com
BBS: www.StarFleetGames.com/discus
Technical glitches with the website should be emailed to the Graphics Director graphics@StarFleetGames.com.
See our other website at www.FederationCommander.com

« Last Edit: 02 February 2009 06:56 AM by Kinneas »

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
Thats pretty awesome. I hope they do this.

Offline Kinneas

• Illustrator/Designer
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • Howdy, folks!
I'd love to see some ADB content in STO for sure and hope ATARI licenses all the content for STO and possibly lots of new stand-alone games for all platforms during the Star Trek TOS revival period.  Since Cryptic is o.k. with using soft-canon material, they could consider soft-canon game content.

Atari and Star Trek 'together again' could be a nice thing! Seeing the ADB and Star Fleet Universe logos on game boxes would make this consumer feel mighty confident about getting a good Star Trek game.

Perhaps this is a good time for Atari to call up Interplay.
---

Oooo. 5 diggs. Keep it going!
« Last Edit: 02 February 2009 12:08 PM by Kinneas »

Offline Falin

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
  • Fleet Grand Admiral, Tholian Defense Forces
with the direction STO"s going I'd rather see Steve approach a different company to push forward a SFB Universe MMO.

imagine Prime directive for the main gameplay, with F&E overlayed above and players captaining individual ships in the war (they may sometimes lose the ship to battle).

They could even go so bold as to do like EQ@ and SWG does and incorporate the Crd game into the game as something to do within it.

I see vast potential in this, but ADB will really have to have a tight leash and oversight to make sure that their produc doesn't get screwed over by so-called "expirienced" game developers.
Admiral and Commander, TDFS Vindicator

Offline Kinneas

• Illustrator/Designer
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • Howdy, folks!
with the direction STO"s going I'd rather see Steve approach a different company to push forward a SFB Universe MMO.

imagine Prime directive for the main gameplay, with F&E overlayed above and players captaining individual ships in the war (they may sometimes lose the ship to battle).

They could even go so bold as to do like EQ@ and SWG does and incorporate the Crd game into the game as something to do within it.

I see vast potential in this, but ADB will really have to have a tight leash and oversight to make sure that their product doesn't get screwed over by so-called "expirienced" game developers.

Great points! Yeah. It 'could be' pretty amazing.

Yes. They would really, really have to have a lot of control this go around. Because in the past they have never had any involvement what so ever...not even as consultants it seems.

Not working with ADB on a big project like STO to me is a big business mistake.  But that is me  and I would have had them in there on day one.
« Last Edit: 02 February 2009 02:11 PM by Kinneas »

Offline Della Vetri

• Ensign
Never really got into the SFB stuff, even though I ended up inheriting a copy of Prime Directive.  Still, I'd love to see what they make of this whole idea :)

A proud member of UFOP: StarBase 118 RPG

Offline Mongrai8

• Cadet 4th Class
It's very interesting to me.

Offline Jeff T

• Cadet 1st Class
    • Lotus Fleet
Well... this was almost 5 years ago... did anything come from this?  :startrek090:
Admiral Jeff T
Fleet Commanding Officer (acting)
Command CO
Lotus Fleet

Offline BLZBUB

• Hailing Frequency Donator
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • USS Betelgeuse
    • Lotus Fleet
 Jeff T, the links in the OP are still active, and ADB is still operating the Federation Commander and Star Fleet Universe websites. They also are active on FaceBook.

Federation Commander won the 2011 Gaming Genius Awards Best Space Combat game at Montreal's ComicCon 2011.

Star Fleet Battles basic set is still available and doing well:

http://www.starfleetgames.com/starfleetbattles.shtml

Fleet Admiral BLZBUB,
Fleet Commanding Officer,
Lotus Fleet