Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Star Trek Play by Email Games  (Read 4038 times)

jdroogendyk

Star Trek Play by Email Games
« on: 19 April 2009 05:44 AM »
Hi.  Does anyone know of some good Star Trek play by email games?  I'm looking to join one as I enjoy both writing and star trek.

Offline Cmdr Toni Turner

• Hailing Frequency Reporter
  • Cadet 1st Class
    • Starbase 118
Re: Star Trek Play by Email Games
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2009 06:23 AM »
Sure nuf do. Try Starbase 118 at http://www.starbase118.net. It's one of the more established RPGs and has lots of ships. I've been siming there for three years, and never get tired of it. :)

Offline Della Vetri

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2009 12:13 PM »
Looks like the good Commander Turner has beaten me to it :)  Whilst my experience with SB118 is measured in months, as opposed to years, I'd have to agree - lots of great people, and a huge amount of fun!

A proud member of UFOP: StarBase 118 RPG

Offline Nimue

• Ensign
    • Unicorn Fleet
« Reply #3 on: 25 April 2009 06:10 PM »
Wow, Della you're Ensign? I'll have to be a bit more active around here.

Yes, I've tried several groups and have to agree with "girls" here.
Life, not worth writing about, is not worth living!

jdroogendyk

« Reply #4 on: 27 April 2009 03:14 AM »
I like your quote.

Offline pkom

• Cadet 4th Class
« Reply #5 on: 03 May 2009 04:59 AM »
Hey jan and  Boby
Wow, I've been on that game for a while now too.  It's really good.  Do you know if there are any games on this board? :startrek066:

jdroogendyk

« Reply #6 on: 03 May 2009 05:35 AM »
Everyone:
What is it you like about that board?  I have been thinking of playing such a game but the impracticality of it keeps turning me away.  Is it at all practical to play such games? 

Offline Della Vetri

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: 03 May 2009 11:55 AM »
Hmmm... great people, excellent support for new people, and some great stoylines created by the players themselves.  I think that'd be a good start for reasons I like SB118 :)

As for practicality... The game runs mainly through Yahoo Groups, so it's e-mail based.  I've found that this means I can keep up with what's going on with my crew regardless of location (as long as I have net access :P), and also helps a lot to counter the effects of time-zones - we have players from all over the world working together.

Okay, that's about all I have time to put right now... If you are interested, I strongly recommend you take a look at http://www.starbase118.net - the stuff on the site should answer your questions, but feel free to poke someone if you have any more querys :)

A proud member of UFOP: StarBase 118 RPG

Offline Ralik

• Cadet 2nd Class
    • UFOP: Starbase 118
« Reply #8 on: 11 May 2009 08:50 PM »
I of course will agree with the rest of the SB118 fleet here. Great group of people and very professional SIMing community.

Only SB118 people replied to this so far too. That's got to tell you something positive :)