Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Star Trek Starfleet Command Game cant install  (Read 3444 times)

Offline gmartok

• Cadet 3rd Class
  • "we don't embrace new cultures, we conquer them"
Star Trek Starfleet Command Game cant install
« on: 02 May 2013 12:50 AM »
 :startrek051:Hello. I am new to gaming and I don't even know if I'm getting this out to anyone but I recently installed Starfleet Command on my laptop. I believe its the first one. I can't get it to install. It keeps on saying it cannot find a dynamic something. Also I installed the patch for it from this site first. Should I have installed the game first? If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. Rob :startrek051:
Rob

Offline BLZBUB

• Hailing Frequency Donator
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • USS Betelgeuse
    • Lotus Fleet
Re: Star Trek Starfleet Command Game cant install
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2013 05:22 AM »
 Welcome to Hailing Frequency gmartok.

I am thinking that you should uninstall both the game and the patch files, then reinstall the game first. Following that, download and install the patch after. Patch's really should be installed into the game, not visa versa.

Let us kow if this helps, and again, welcome aboard the UFP DevilFish, Hailing Frequency's news ship in the Federation ... and beyond.

Admiral BLZBUB,
Fleet Executive Officer,
Lotus Fleet

Offline gmartok

• Cadet 3rd Class
« Reply #2 on: 03 May 2013 06:53 PM »
Ok Ill give it a shot but I don't know where the patch was installed. I'll see what I can do.
Rob

Offline gmartok

• Cadet 3rd Class
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2013 07:29 PM »
BLZBUB, again thank you for responding. Ok each time I go to install the game as soon as I try a window comes up saying"SFCSetup.exe - Entry Point Not Found" then it says "the procedure entry point SSUnMapLS_IP_EBP_20 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." I don't have the slightest Idea what that means. Do you think maybe the disk is bad? I am running windows 7 . Rob
Rob

Offline BLZBUB

• Hailing Frequency Donator
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • USS Betelgeuse
    • Lotus Fleet
« Reply #4 on: 04 May 2013 07:53 PM »
 I have noticed similar posts on other site's about that. Star Fleet Command is a Windows 95/98 game is it not? Are you running in Windows 95/98 compatibility mode?

Also, there were some instances stating that the .dll files were damaged. If that is so in your case, to check that you would likely need to run an sfc/scannow in the cmd line.

System File Checker in windows will scan for damage or corrupted files and fix them.

Another try would be finding the damaged .dll file with sfc/scannow and finding it on the web, then replacing the same with an existing one by searching in the Windows partition.

Other options would include searching the web for similar complaints. Google "SFCSetup.exe" and search the resulting forum returns like Star Trek Gamers dot com or TechArena dot in

I do not have the game so I cannot try to run it on my Windows 7 and see what goes on with it. Perhaps someone else reading this has some aid for you.
Admiral BLZBUB,
Fleet Executive Officer,
Lotus Fleet

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2013 01:39 PM »
There isn't much you can do except try compatibility mode.

Which version of windows are you on?

Offline Apocolypse

• Cadet 4th Class
« Reply #6 on: 28 January 2017 11:39 AM »
Might have more luck building a time machine and going back in time to play it. I haven't tried installing any of my old Star Trek PC games in a while I just remember the last time being painful.

-Apoc