Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hailing Frequency Presents "When the Borg Assimilated Christmas" - RELEASED!  (Read 4397 times)

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
]

Greetings Trek Gamers and Pod Fans - And a Belated Merry Christmas!

This year, Hailing Frequency wanted to do something truly special for our christmas special - looking back at our christmas shows in 2006 and 2005 - there was'nt really a whole lot about them that was special - so this year, we got together and came up with the idea of doing a fully featured audio and TOONSHOW story - and thus, "When the Borg Assimilated Christmas" was born.

" A DESPERATE MISSION TO SAVE STAR TREK: ONLINE!"

Penned by our very own Dominic Ervolina (aka Mr Juliano) - When the Borg Assimilated Christmas is our first major audio story, set aboard our virtual media ship, the devilfish (Which we would like to have in Star Trek:Online :)  ).

The entire Hailing Frequency cast is present - Zach, Kinneas, K'sua'indra, MrJuliano, Croesus, and STO-Zones new co-host, Julianos brother David - (who's voice we had to digitally alter as he sounds so damn similar to juliano)

"When the Borg Assimilated Christmas" is our gift to you all - and we hope you will find it funny and exciting to listen too and watch - and yes, you read right - we said watch.

Kinneas - wanted to do a toonshow version of this special  (( He would like ALL our shows to be Toonshows and move away from audio only.   Any opinions?)) - as I am sure you can imagine, this was quite an undertaking which is why we are making this release a few days late - Though he is not done with all six scenes (damn, Romulan Ale) ...the show must go on...and so we are releasing the full audio version and the first five toonshows now.

There are some major differences between the two experiences - so we recommend that you check them both out!

(( P.S.  Kinneas' 'Fleet Radio Toonshows' on YouTube were chosen as the best Star Trek fan videos on YouTube on the seventh day of 'The Twelve Days of Trek Christmas over at the TrekUnited web site!   Check out Kinneas' other toonshows! ))

Audio Version:

Video Version

[yt=425,350]3rI4S_z2yuM[/yt]

We Hope you Enjoy The Show!!!
« Last Edit: 16 December 2008 11:15 AM by Zach Nicodemous »

Offline Malle

• Ensign
just listened the first 2 minutes and I so had to laugh with MrJuliano's remark about being in the future  fed1  lol gonna enjoy the rest like always.

This show's a must for every trek fan!
« Last Edit: 30 December 2007 08:18 AM by Malle »

Offline Kinneas

• Illustrator/Designer
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • Howdy, folks!
Part 5  & 6 are on the way.

This was a lot of fun to do.
Zach did the most amazing job of editing Hailing Frequency has ever seen. The audio in this show, imo is the best quality.

Juliano was amazing and under pressure to have the script done in less than 48 hours...did it in 24.  It was a 26 page script when said and done. 

Up to scene 5...so far I have generated almost 500 pieces of art.

« Last Edit: 29 December 2007 11:19 PM by Kinneas »

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
People have been posting feedback - here are some comments from various trek boards!

From StarTrek-Games.com! http://startrek-games.com/startrekforum/showthread.php?t=10183

Chessmess

I haven't listened to the whole thing, only watched the videos and I only have this to say.

A M A Z I N G

That was absolutely stunning! Both from the incredible good (and hilarious) visual work of Kinneas, to the amazing sound environment created by Zach! Not to mention that every did a fantastic job in the voice acting!

You guys have graduated from the mundane Star Trek game news into creating honest to goodness fantastic Star Trek media! This is really spectacular, I'm at a loss for words on just how great of a job all of you did!

I love Hailing Frequency for its Star Trek games info, but seriously you have evolved into something much much more! I know that an unreal amount of time went into making this and that you still are not done, but WOW what a gift this was and I can't help but hope there are more of these in the future.

If I were the guys in charge of making the Star Trek comics I'd hire your entire team in a heartbeat! WAY TO GO TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!

HappyFriendlyTribble

This was really good, congratulations!

From the STG! http://www.startrek-gamers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3134

Victor1st

Nice job Zach, very well done :) That david guy was hell of a funny as well... ass-humiliation...LMAO

Mindwipe

yes i agree the videos did the story more justice.

as an audio podcast i wasnt as enthusiastic about it as the other episodes (personal preference, as i enjoy the interviews and discussions and news items)

very well produced though and extremely well thought out.

the video versions certianly made it alot more entertaining to listen to rather than just as audio.

good work guys

Talar

now those were ggod videos
nice story plot

From Enterprise Temporal Cold War! http://forum.enterprise-tcw.com/viewtopic.php?t=1084

CaptainSource

Nicely done guys... a great production... looking forward to 5 and 6 to see more of HeadOn and the smoke break.. hahahha

Lenaum

Awesome work, I really like it

Flanker

Watched the first two episodes and have to agree with the other job well done! Looking forward to seeing 3 and 4 as well as the upcoming 2 episodes

Archer

Brilliant! This is a really fantastic piece of work! Watch ep 1 so far and looking forward to the next ones (but now I have to go back to work).
Ah, and I need subtitles!!!

SavageSarge

niiiice funny as hell, I love it. thanks!

« Last Edit: 05 January 2008 05:25 AM by Zach Nicodemous »

Offline Kinneas

• Illustrator/Designer
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • Howdy, folks!
Wow. That is cool.

I'm glad they liked it.

I was surprised Victor commented.

Offline K'Suan'Indra

• Star Trek Gaming News Presenter
  • Cadet 2nd Class
  We're all very estatic with the enthusiasm this episode is garnering. More specials are brewing in the Romulan ale to be served up throughout the year so be on the look (and listen) out!

Offline Malle

• Ensign
hey k'suan!

sure looking forward to and if I may..you "own" the guys here, completely!  fed2
« Last Edit: 31 December 2007 05:08 PM by Malle »

Offline Kinneas

• Illustrator/Designer
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • Howdy, folks!
Yeah.  Her 'Pimp hand' is strong.

HAPPY  NEW  YEAR !!!!!!!

SCENE 5!   THE CULPRIT REVEALED!

[youtube=425,350]q5HVDBNP96Q[/youtube]

« Last Edit: 31 December 2007 11:07 PM by Kinneas »

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
Thats so awesome Kinn!

I am continueing to edit my post above with new feedback as it comes in and i added scene 5 to the main post!

Offline K'Suan'Indra

• Star Trek Gaming News Presenter
  • Cadet 2nd Class
  Malle, I cannot say with certainty that I own them, but a feminine touch (or voice, if you will) does add the right spiciness to the plomeek. The compliment is appreciated, of course. I shall endeavor to own them more often.