Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Adventure RPG- Truth and Illusions  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Cleopatra

• Ensign
  • Future Teacher
Adventure RPG- Truth and Illusions
« on: 26 June 2009 04:02 AM »
No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. -Friedrich Nietzsche

This RPG is relatively simple. You can play either as a subject at a science research facility on Tholia, or a Tholian working there. There are two goals in this RPG for players.

1) Escape the science research facility or re-apprehend all the members that escape. The only character you cannot re-capture is Jennzven, because he has little morals.

2) Keep Jennzven, our adorable NPC Species 8472 (disguised as a Betazoid) on your side or win him over.

I was thinking of using basic stats in this RPG. You know strength, intelligance, confidence. Please let me know if this is a good or bad idea. As of this writing I don't think it is nessecary.

Post Merge: 27 June 2009 03:14 PM
Jennzven's Journal- June 1st 2444 Earth Time

The events leading up to my capture are unimportant. If I survive, this journal will aid my brothers and sisters. This should serve as inspiration for all academy students. Our progress in the Delta Quadrant means we need to know exactly what kind of people live in the Alpha Quadrant. I was sent on this mission by special request of the Commander himself. It was quite a surprise, as rumors of incompetence were wide spread. On Risa we captured and killed Jennzven, a valuable Betazoid man. I assumed his identity. I became a heir of a real estate empire, a jet-setter, a womanizer, a fan of music. For the sake of simplicity, I will refer to myself as Jennzven in the rest of this journal.

I am on Tholia, the capital of the Tholian Assembly. They kept me alive because their sensors detect my true form. It will take them a long time to figure out my species, if they ever do. I do not know of a Tholian spy network. They have already done preliminary testing. It was not pleasant and very boring. They have only left me with a few personal items. Fortunately, they did not take my Uttaberry 3000, which is where I am writing this. The Uttaberry 3000 has my favorite books, movies, and music on it. It will be key to surviving this madness. I hope to access the main database before I go. The Commander will be pleased to have this information.

Now I must make my escape...it will not be transcribed here. To quote Mephistophicles. "I am the spirit that denies!"
« Last Edit: 27 June 2009 03:14 PM by Cleopatra »
Time is the fire in which we burn. -Gene Roddenberry

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
Re: Adventure RPG- Truth and Illusions
« Reply #1 on: 02 July 2009 03:04 PM »
Theodore Vernan had been a prisoner of the Tholians for more days than he could remember......Captured several years ago at the peak of the Dominion War, in a rare skirmish with several Tholian Web Ships, he had held out hope at first that Starfleet would mount a rescue mission, but as the days and weeks passed, his hope steadily burned out like a candle, slowly burning through its wick, until it was completely extinguished.

Then, at all once, it had hit him, there would be no rescue, no release from this hell-hole and he would likely spend the rest of his life here unless he and he alone could do something about it, but that was when the interrogations began.   Until that point, he had been alone, in a dark room, unbothered except to be sporadically given some disgusting paste that was considered by the Tholians to be food - my oh my how he longed for good old Federation Ration Packs....or a Hamburger.....

At this point, when his morale was at its lowest, with no hope of rescue, they came for him and begun the interrogations - long, painful interrogrations, mechanical translation devices, numbness....nothingness.............his screams resounded throughout the whole facility but he had no shame, for he was a prisoner and this was his path.......or was it?

It was on one particular day when he was being led from an interrogtation that he saw a small andorian girl, no more than 13 years old, being led from a similar room, with bruises and blood all over her face and body......she looked at him, fear in her eyes........and she wimpered in Federation Standard....."Please....help me".

I never forgot that moment and it was then I resolved that I would escape this place.....and that is where my new mission started - my mission to escape this hellhole.

Offline Cleopatra

• Ensign
  • Future Teacher
« Reply #2 on: 02 July 2009 05:59 PM »
Jennzven's Journal- June 2 2444 Earth Time

Those Tholians will be terrified of me when they wake up. I am tempted to let the blood run down these halls, to frighten the bores that own them.Yet I show restraint for I am superior to them all. We are the best people, my brothers and sisters. Long live the Commander!!!

While I am running down these halls, I might as well give a message to the people I love. I want to thank my mother for encouraging father to leave everything in the will. I want to thank my lover Shretzz. He has been with me through thick and thin. I want to thank the Subcommander for having faith in me even though I slept with his son... It's so hard to pretend to be straight. The Alpha Quadrant has alot of contradicting views about sexuality. Our species has five sexes and we have never had these issues.

Anywho, I hear a scream. It's a thirteen year old girl. Why do you need or want to torture a child? Give her enough time and she would probably spill everything. I decide to mind crush the leader. That sends the others running away. The girl tells me that a man is being held nearby. I decide to follow her.
OCC: Do you think there is any way we can get Falin in this?)
« Last Edit: 02 July 2009 06:01 PM by Cleopatra »

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: 09 July 2009 04:27 PM »
Another interrogation today.  They made the mistake of removing the shackles to beat me, I suppose they thought that after all this time I wouldnt fight back, but after seeing that girl the other day, I have to get out of this hellhole and save these people.

After a couple of minutes of fairly brutal beating, I pretended to pass out and one of them left the room, leaving just one in with me.   He wasnt really paying much attention, why would he, i had been here so long and I had never tried to fight back back before.

I snuck up behind him and used all of my strength to knock him to the ground and while he was recovering, I grabbed the loose scanning device from his belt and tucked it away wherever I could, it was small, easily concealed, I dont think he even noticed me taking it.   The next thing I remember is waking up in my cell, the after effects of a stun pounding in my head.   I reached into my hiding place and there it was, the scanner.  I guess they didnt think to check for it.

It took me a while to figure out how to use it, but i've determind that there are at least 57 non-tholian life forms within the scanning range of the device.  Only one female Andorian, in a cell approximatly 25 meteres from my position.

I'm going to sleep now, hopefully I can figure out how to use this device for something other than scanning, engineering was never my forte.

Offline Cleopatra

• Ensign
  • Future Teacher
« Reply #4 on: 09 July 2009 06:35 PM »
Jennzvens' Journal June 3 2444 Earth Time

The girl is awfully quiet. I do not read her mind because it would be rude. I think she has suffered enough. I ask, "Why are you here?" She answered. "These people are mean." I decide not to press her.

More Tholian guards in my way. Initial mind probes show they were just interrogating a man named Theodore Vernan. A Human captured during the Dominion War. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to this era...if he gets out alife. I do not kill them but they wished I did after I was through with them. A part of me feels bad that this girl has to see more violence.

We reach the cell of Theodore Vernan. Now this part will be tricky. No key holes to speak of so it must be electronic. I could transform into my true form and bust down the door, but that would scare Theodore Vernan. I see another guard (where do they come from?). He seems to be looking for something. I decide to read his mind. Yay I got the code! I decide to just erase his memory of me and tell him to go take a break. This seems like a better tactic. I type in the numbers and the cell door opens.