Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Man From Nausicaa  (Read 2871 times)

Offline Cleopatra

• Ensign
  • Future Teacher
The Man From Nausicaa
« on: 15 January 2009 12:27 AM »
She sat among her relatives. They were ancient. She was the last of the them. The last born of the House of Duras. There was no male heir. That is why she sat here. When really she wanted to be anywhere else. She was 21 and considered smart. Her uncle was impressed by the way she managed the household.

"...furthermore, a marriage to...would bring benefits...however politically wise." One old man stated. "No...he's not a war veteran...in any case his father..." A woman replied. Their talk of her marriage was constant and predictable. The heiress was bored. They trusted her with everything except her own marriage.

"With that, this family meeting is ended." Her uncle proclaimed. The ancient doors opened and everyone left. He asked, "What do you think?" She smiled back, "I will obey your wishes." She bowed her head and went to her bedroom. The heiress looked in the mirror and smiled. The heiress waited for her maid to arrive. The maid was only a few years younger than herself. The heiress said, "Do you have it?" The maid nodded. The heiress grabbed it. It was a late passage on a ship. It was to some place called Deep Space Nine. The heiress said, "Unfortunately, this has to look like a kidnapping." The maid gasped.
~~~~
If anyone knows a good Klingon name, please let me know. You (my audience) will get to name some of the characters in here. Once we eventually get to the Nausicaans, there will be room for extras. If you want to be in here or have a fanfic character you want to cameo, please tell me.
Time is the fire in which we burn. -Gene Roddenberry

Offline Blackfire

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: The Man From Nausicaa
« Reply #1 on: 15 January 2009 12:46 PM »

Well I dont know for sure about what would be proper for female Klingon names but try these on for size and use them as you see fit or none if you like.

Veka , Valtora , Selka , Senna , Renna , Quarra , Jeqathe and Zoora.

with a little time i can think of other names if you wish, hope some of these were helpful, or at least triggered another name idea you might like.

Offline Cleopatra

• Ensign
  • Future Teacher
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2009 12:05 AM »
I like the name Quarra. Thank you very much, Blackfire.
~~~~
The skies were dark. It was early in the morning. The young Klingon approached the landing dock. She was dressed simply. She had switched clothes with the maid, and paid the maid a large sum of money to go away and keep quiet. Everything would look like a kidnapping. She approached the station.

The security guards looked tired. She showed them her ticket. The woman was pointed to a group. They were sitting on a bench. It was an Orion female, a Gorn male, a Nausicaan male, and a Nausicaan female. All three of them appeared to be carrying weapons. They looked half-awake. She walked over to them.

The Nausciaan male was no older than her. He smiled, "Hello. What can the find crew of the N.R.M Ctlic do for you?"

"I am looking for the crew. I need to board the ship," She replied. The Nausicaan woman looked like she was going to laugh.

"What would you want with us? You're a young female Klingon. A rich one two, despite your clothes. Your face tells me you haven't worked a day in your life," She said. "But that's ok. Jeisen over here hasn't either." "Shh Edme. You don't want to scare the poor thing," Jeisen replied. His eyes were a stiking blue. He was very good looking.

The Gorn chuckled, "You two lovebirds keep quiet! Who are you girl?"

"My name is Quarra. I was the maid of a wealthy household. I have saved up alot of money and have decided to start new." She lied.

"I can relate," The Orion female whispered. The woman was much older than Quarra. Her green skin seemed to glow in the darkness. The woman looked the most tired. The Nausicaan woman replied, "That may be. Something isn't right about you. I'm the captain of the ship you want. My name is Edme. The Gorn over there is Sobek. The Orion girl is Leto."

Just then another Nausicaan approached. He had deep brown eyes. He said, "The repairs are ready captain." Everyone gathered their things and headed off the bench. Quarra struggled to keep up with all the others. She paused a minute at the painted name.

"Captain, what does N.R.M stand for?" She asked.

"Nausicaan Repbulic Mercenaries." The captain stated matter-a-factly. She then gave her luggage to a low ranking member.

Offline Cleopatra

• Ensign
  • Future Teacher
« Reply #3 on: 23 January 2009 12:02 AM »
The girl did not know much about Nausicaans. She knew they were strong, and had a reputation for being dumb thugs. Quarra had never seen a Nausicaan female before. When she asked Edme, the Captain told her why she was a mercenary. "My family had four daughters. Nausicaan women typically do no leave planets unless they are sight-seeing. My eldest sister had an elaborate wedding that was largely arranged by my parents. My second oldest sister joined the clergy. My third sister got to chose any man she wanted." Edme paused. "I was the fourth daughter. I joined the Nausicaan military as is the duty of daughters who are Fourth or Higher."

"The Nausicaan army is not largely active. The biggest period of Nausicaan expansion was a few years before the Federation was formed," Edme noticed Quarra wince at the word Federation. She dismissed it as Klingon prejuduice. "That is why most soldiers become mercenaries. Now if you excuse me, we have to take off soon. If you want a good story, talk to Jeisen." Quarra walked over to the Weapons console. The man was clinging his personal Tzenthi made knife. He smiled slightly and asked, "Now what does a beautiful Klingon want with the man from Nausicaa?"

Quarra asked, "Why are you working on this ship? The Captain said you were born rich?" Jeisen kept his gaze calm. "I am here for three reasons. One I love my nation. Two I need money in order in get married. Three is that I simply got bored. When we get to Nausicaa...and I hope you stay with us that long...you will see my family's wealth. Built from the pockets of Ferengi and Orion traders." Edme than entered the bridge. She was ready to begin the commands to launch. Leto's voice said, "We are being hailed. Shall I answer them, Captain?" Edme replied, "Yes. I hope it's not another Klingon War and we're delayed here 'x' amount of hours."

The hail was received, and the image of outraged male Klingons appeared on screen. One man said, "This is a member of the Klingon High Command speaking. Your ship is to be boarded and searched. Any attempt to escape will count against you." Edme glanced at Quarra and then replied, "What is the cause of this?" The man said, "We have reason to believe that a murderer is on your ship. A noblewoman went missing, and her maid suddenly quit." Edme replied, "We will gladly let you search our ship." The man thanked her and the hail ended.

Quarra said, "No we are not!" Everyone turned. Quarra hit Edme with the back of her hand. Edme reached for her gun. Quarra said, "Coward! Give me a weapon. Chose a better way to die, Nausicaan!" Edme dropped her gun and picked up the knife. Jeisen threw Quarra his knife.

Offline Cleopatra

• Ensign
  • Future Teacher
« Reply #4 on: 29 January 2009 12:17 AM »
The crew stood aside. They knew why Jeisen had done that. He hoped the two would kill eachother, and then they could go on their way. The odds were even. Edme was a mercenary. Yet, Quarra was a Klingon and totally caught the Nausicaans by surprise. They were also shocked that she had committed some horrible crime.

A few of the crewmembers looked at eachother. Leto was nervous. The Klingons were still coming to board the ship. She made sure that Sobek in engineering kept to previous orders to leave. Let us die like lions, not dogs.

The fighting was intense. Edme was aiming for the throat, heart, and head. She did not want to waste breath. Quarra on the other hand, was fighting fair. With what the Klingons called honor...a term Nausicaans did not fully understand. It was beautiful to watch. Quarra ended up cutting off Edme's hand. Her knife dropped. Edme instantly dropped to the floor.

Edme cried, "No! Let me die standing! Let me go to heaven!" Two Nausicaans helped her up. Quarra asked, "Do you wish to take your own life and die with a shred of honor?" The crew gasped in horror. Quarra asked, "What is wrong?"

"Suicide is the fastest way to hell," Jeisen said. Just then Edme could no longer hold on to life. In a few seconds she was gone. There was silence. Quarra then turned to Jeisen.

"I am now Captain. I order us to leave!" She demanded. Leto smiled.
« Last Edit: 29 January 2009 12:18 AM by Cleopatra »

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: 30 January 2009 10:21 AM »
Very cool Cleopatra