Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 20Q:Star Trek is looking for people willing to boldly go...  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Lioncourt

• Hailing Frequency Reporter
  • Cadet 1st Class
The 20Q:Star Trek website is looking for people willing to help shape their new game.  This little gem that arrived in my google alerts this morning was featured on Geek.com and after having a look at the 20Q: Star Trek site I must forewarn you, it's quite addictive....

Think you know your Star Trek do you? Do you know your Tribbles from your Talarians? Perhaps your Blood Wine from your Andorian Ale? Or maybe you know your Deep Space Nine from your Ceti Alpha V? Then if that is the case, the makers of the artificial intelligence game, 20Q, would like you to help program a Star Trek version of the popular game that can “read your mind”.

The process to play is simple enough. After going to the 20Q / Star Trek website and submitting your gender, age and country, you are then asked to think of a ”Sentient Being, Place or Thing” from the Star Trek universe. Then 20Q will go about asking 20 questions and try to guess what you are thinking about. And beleive me, when I say that this AI has been programmed with a lot of Star Trek knowledge. But hey, if you can beat it, good for you. However, as this game learns as it is played, the next person may not be as lucky.

If you would like challenge your Tekkie knowledge to see if you can stump the Star Trek version of 20Q, then head on over to the website at warp speed and to take it for a spin.

Offline knightofhyrule730

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
  • Hero of Time
    • Lotus Fleet
Re: 20Q:Star Trek is looking for people willing to boldly go...
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2008 12:34 PM »
i've beaten it 4 times. you just have to go super specific :P
Vice Admiral Niomo Lire
Lotus Fleet Command Division CO
Unofficial Captain of Awesome

www.lotusfleet.com/forums

Offline Sarevok

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
  • Aries Fleet XO
« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2008 12:37 PM »
That link uses over 200MB of RAM on my computer... I could barely move my mouse cursor to shut it down... :|

Offline Hamilton

• STO Trivia Competition #2 Winner
  • Ensign
  • Game Simulation Technician
    • Force of Arms
« Reply #3 on: 11 September 2008 07:10 PM »
Won one, lost one and submitted a new entry!

Won: Thing: M-5 Computer, but only at 23 questions
Lost: Person: Mark Twain, 20 questions
New Entry: Location: The Triangle (Region of space bordering the Federation, Romulan Star Empire and the Klingon Empire)
Sign off,
Hamilton