Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: April 25th - Star Trek Excalibur Media Update  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
April 25th - Star Trek Excalibur Media Update
« on: 29 April 2009 11:18 AM »
Another week, another update from Star Trek Excalibur.  This week, I am honoured to announce that I was asked to join the Excalibur PR Team to help out with their news posts, screenshots, screencaps, video caps and anything else PR Related.

In this weeks update, we take a look at some interior shots from Excalibur, looking at both the Intrepid and Soverign Class Transporter Rooms.  The following article was written by myself.

Intrepid Class Transporter Room

Over the last six weeks, we have been proudly displaying some of the many high quality ship models that we are putting into Excalibur.

While we do of course have dozens more ships from a variety of races to show to you, in this update, we would like to show you some of the ground breaking work we are doing on our interiors.  It has been several months since we have revealed any interior screenshots, so it is with great pride that we display the amazing work being done by one of our team members – Captain Hooker.

Over the past few weeks, he has been working on some truly amazing recreations of the Intrepid Class and Sovereign Class Starfleet Transporter Rooms.

The Intrepid Transporter room displayed below is the result of several weeks of painstaking research and development – taking high definition screen-caps from dozens of Voyager Episodes and using them to recreate the set as accurately as possible.

The Transporter Room was one of Gene Roddenberry’s most loved creations – he imagined a world where you would be able to stand on a pad, sparkle, and then a few seconds later, sparkle again and appear at your destination – no delayed flights, no lost luggage, just easy instantaneous travel.

While modern day science hasn’t quite caught up with this vision yet, we certainly hope that we will be able to give you some sense of how awesome the Transporter is, in Excalibur.

The Intrepid Transporter Room was created by Captain Hooker and LCARS Computer Textures were created by Interceptor.  It contains only 4141 polygons which is amazingly low when you consider the details of this set.

Sovereign Class Transporter Room

Of course, this is not the only transporter room that we have to show off this week.  Work has also been completed on the Sovereign Transporter Room which has been seen only in the handful of Next Generation Movies released after “Generations”.

The amazing modelling work on this set is once again done by Captain Hooker and LCARS Computer Display Textures were created by interceptor.  We have 3 variants of the LCARS Display, one for each of the 3 Next-Gen Movies in which the transporter room was featured.

Polygon count for this set is 3818, with carpet and doors provided by LC and the Replicator provided by Mark.  

Truly a demonstration of the collaborative teamwork that occurs every day, behind the scenes in the machine that is Excalibur.

Offline Warborg

• Ensign
Re: April 25th - Star Trek Excalibur Media Update
« Reply #1 on: 30 April 2009 11:33 PM »
looks nice, what is their website? I seemed to have lost their link and believe it or not Google hasn't helped me

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2009 09:04 AM »
Their website is www.stexcalibur.com

Offline Warborg

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: 01 May 2009 06:51 PM »
Thanks for the link

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: 01 May 2009 07:05 PM »
No problem Warborg - and congrats again on the new family member!

Offline Warborg

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2009 12:29 AM »
Thanks. Here's a picture if you didn't see the link over at Star Trek Games

She was 2 days old in this picture

Offline Jatal Khyron

• Hailing Frequency Donator
  • Lieutenant Junior Grade
  • Gamma Fleet Overlord
« Reply #6 on: 02 May 2009 01:22 AM »
Grats on the new addition to your collective!   :startrek008:

Offline Kinneas

• Illustrator/Designer
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • Howdy, folks!
« Reply #7 on: 02 May 2009 07:12 AM »
CONGRATS ON DE BEBBEE!

Where's the cigars?

I love those screenshots and hope to see some more light in them.

The interiors are sublime & everything they do amazing.  They are so talented!

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: 02 May 2009 10:41 AM »
Thanks. Here's a picture if you didn't see the link over at Star Trek Games

She was 2 days old in this picture

Awwww so cute - congrats again!!

Offline Warborg

• Ensign
« Reply #9 on: 02 May 2009 04:40 PM »
CONGRATS ON DE BEBBEE!

Where's the cigars?

My Dad got me and my wife pink wrist bands that say It's a girl.