Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: We now own "hailingfrequency.com"!  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
We now own "hailingfrequency.com"!
« on: 13 July 2009 11:59 AM »
You do?  But who owned it before, I hear you asking?  The answer is, a domain shark - you know, one of those distasteful people who buy domains they think will be valuble in the future and sit on them for who knows how long?

Well, it turns out that all the way back in 2001, four years before Hailing Frequency came into existance - someone thought "hailingfrequency.com" would be valuble and they have owned it ever since, until a few days ago when they contacted me and asked if I would like to buy the domain.  

We already own hailingfrequency.co.uk/.net/.info but of course .com is the daddy so after a generous donation from a community member we have finally purchased http://www.hailingfrequency.com

So for all of those who wish to do so, update your bookmarks and start using the .com domain or just continue using the old ones, it makes no difference really except for 2 saved characters in your address bar.

Offline Martok

• Cadet 1st Class
Re: We now own "hailingfrequency.com"!
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2009 05:35 AM »
Very cool!  My thanks to the community member whose donation made this possible. 
"Mr. Garak, why is it that no one has tried to kill you yet?"

"My innate charm?"

Offline Warborg

• Ensign
Re: We now own "hailingfrequency.com"!
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2009 04:44 AM »
Of course my thanks go out also. Actually I by pass the home page and save the link to the forums.

This will make it easier in the future if I lose the website as I was always forgetting co.uk