Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Star Trek Adventure Game!  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Always Adventure

• Cadet 4th Class
New Star Trek Adventure Game!
« on: 29 May 2007 08:29 PM »
I have basically completed a new Star Trek adventure game that I have been developing (off and on) for the past 6 years.

It is entitled "Star Trek: the Continuing Voyage", and it is faithfully in the style of 25th Anniversary and Judgment Rites, the two greatest Star Trek adventures of all time.

I believe that I have faithfully recreated an adventure environment particularly suited to Star Trek. The game features the TOS crew, and I believe the story is compelling and the dialogue faithful to Kirk and his crew. The puzzles are standard adventure fare.

I am really a very amateur programmer. I am using Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, and I am somewhat constrained by my own limited knowledge of programming. I am also no graphic artist by any means, so all of my graphics are borrowed from other Trek games or Trek venues on the web. Although this might sound ridiculous, it actually looks decent.

The game takes place on the Enterprise and in numerous locales. You play Captain Kirk, but also control the actions of members of the crew. You will explore, solve puzzles, and interact with other characters. In this regard, it's very similar to 25th Anniversary, Judgment Rites, and A Final Unity. You may even recognize some of the pictures from those games, but I tried to use them as cleverly as I could.

As for the plot, the game begins with a routine diplomatic ceremony to admit a peaceful planet to the Federation. But when dissidents disrupt the ceremony, and you uncover a strange artifact from a distant past, Kirk and crew are thrown into a deepening mystery that threatens the integrity of the galaxy.

The plot progresses over the course of 8 missions. Over the course of your travels you will explore a forgotten alien prison, a destroyed StarFleet vessel (under suspicious circumstances), a Romulan flagship, an abandoned dilithium mine, a Federation starbase, and other locales.

Anything else to whet the appetite of those hungry for a real Star Trek adventure that does not revolve solely around space combat or hand phasers?

I intend to release at least a beta version of the game on the web very soon.

For further information: view the thread that I posted on the TrekBBS:

http://www.trekbbs.com/threads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7586732&an=0&page=0#Post 7586732

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
Re: New Star Trek Adventure Game!
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2007 09:37 PM »
How would you feel about appearing on the show for an interview?