Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: =/\= Lotus Fleet Introduction =/\=  (Read 62680 times)

Offline Admiral of Starfleet

• STO Trivia Competition #2 Winner
  • Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: =/\= Lotus Fleet Introduction =/\=
« Reply #100 on: 07 August 2008 03:02 AM »
I will be marvelous!

Offline knightofhyrule730

• Hero of Time
    • Lotus Fleet
« Reply #101 on: 07 August 2008 04:45 AM »
80% eh!
 Are you having an advanced warp theory course?

Just kidding Lrdnova. I have been following the progress of Lotus ( and a few other) fleet,s as we await launch. I can't wait to see the completed academy.

our advanced engineering courses will touch upon Warp Dynamics...so yes. :)
Vice Admiral Niomo Lire
Lotus Fleet Command Division CO
Unofficial Captain of Awesome

www.lotusfleet.com/forums

Offline Nova

• Lotus Fleet
« Reply #102 on: 08 September 2008 08:42 PM »
Hey Everyone,

Its been some time since I have had the chance to give an update to the Status of some of Lotus Fleets Major Projects so let me go ahead and do that

First off, Lotus Fleets famed Academy is coming along very nicely, our Cadet Inteface is complete and currently being poplulated with all of the course Content and course exams!

we are tentively scheduled to open the Academy to the community the end of September to begining of October.

Some other major projects, we have also been in the process of developing our forums that will integrate into our new website, of which this is nearly complete.

and then there is our Roleplaying

we currently have 5 active ships 4 are currently crewed and out on missions as we speak.

The USS Lotus (Intrepid Class) is now out on its 3rd Episode called Season 1 Episode 3 "Engagement in the Zone"

The USS Nehalem (Nehalem Class) is now finishing up its second Episode Season 1 Episode 2 "Shakeup"

The USS Umpqua (Nova Class Refit) just departed for its first Episode called Season 1 Episode 1 - "Dignitaries"

The USS McKenzie (Defiant Class) Just departed for its first Episode called Season 1 Episode 1 - "The Wrong Hand"

Currently the USS Alsea (Prometheus Class) , is sitting at Starbase 10 awaiting a new crew before it goes out.

For those of you who dont know Lotus Fleet is currently playing is RP in the year 2399, as such we have a fully developed overarching Plot that all of our Ships are engaging in from within each of their perspective roles. As such the way we categorize all of our Roleplaying is through the following outline.

a season is equal to 5 Episodes, upon completion of a season, the crew maybe introduced to another completely over arching event that takes place in the Lotus Fleet Star Trek Universe, or we may see a continuation from the previous Season, only time will tell, I will say this while Starbase 10 sits on the boarder between the Federation, Klingon, and Romulan space. The feeling around Starfleet Inteligence is that a Civil War is brewing, and the Klingons will play a pivotol role in defending their new allies, and its not the Federation!

So Stay tuned as each of our Ships Captains are responcible for compiling each episode in book format so that we can post them around the Star Trek Community, So be prepared to do some really awesome reading!

Offline BLZBUB

• Hailing Frequency Donator
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • USS Betelgeuse
    • Lotus Fleet
« Reply #103 on: 08 September 2008 09:29 PM »
 Star Base 10? I am understanding it's position to be on the Romulan Neutral zone near the Devron system...a long way from Klingon space. Perhaps I need a new map?  ^_^
Admiral BLZBUB,
Director of Staff,
Lotus Fleet

Offline Nova

• Lotus Fleet
« Reply #104 on: 09 September 2008 02:52 PM »
Here you go BLZBUB

This is where Star base 10 (LF HQ) is located right where Federation, Klingon, and Romulan Space meet.

Offline BLZBUB

• Lieutenant Commander
  • USS Betelgeuse
    • Lotus Fleet
« Reply #105 on: 10 September 2008 05:33 AM »
 Thanks lrdnova.
 I have the same map...almost. Your Star Base is marked 234 on mine, and Star Base 10 on mine is just above the Bassen Rift between Tango Outpost's 1 and 2. Right near the Devron System on the Romulan Neutral Zone.
 Of course, I realize that there are many maps out there, so we must take them all with a grain of salt.

Just an aside of interest. Star Base 234 ( 10 on your map :P ) is home base to STOFleet Command! Looks like we're neighbours ( in alternate universes of course! )  :D
Admiral BLZBUB,
Director of Staff,
Lotus Fleet

Offline Athos

• Lotus Fleet
« Reply #106 on: 17 September 2008 12:40 AM »
It is with great joy that I announce that 100% of the Academy courses have been written, and all but one course test.  Now it's just a matter of getting the Cadet User Interface loaded with the courses and we're in business.  I anticipate a Grand Opening of sometime in October.  It will be glorious! 

Note that the Academy is designed both for those who know a lot or know nothing of Star Trek.  The point is to bring everyone's knowledge level up so that Lotus Fleet can and will be the premiere STO Fleet.

Offline Athos

• Lotus Fleet
« Reply #107 on: 19 September 2008 02:56 AM »
As of today, Thursday 18 September 08, 100% of the Academy courses (for start up) have been written; 100% of the exams are written; 100% of the course descriptions are written. 

In addition, all 4 types of program plans are built and are very easy to follow.  A program plan is a plan for progressing through the Academy.  One is built for each profession; it details exactly which courses are required and which are elective and how many electives of those available you have to take. 

So, what now?  It's just a matter of time for the courses and tests to be loaded onto the Cadet User Interface (CUI).  Then, the Academy Staff needs to be trained (won't take long).  After some basic training, the Academy will have its soft open which means that the Tier 4 Officers and Academy staff will go through the Academy first to test the system.  Once we are through, and the system has been tested, we will have our Grand Opening.

All of this should occur relatively quickly with the soft open coming up in a week or at most two.  The grand opening should occur during the first part of October.  We will be admitting people into the Academy in an orderly fashion...having 80 people push through all at once would invite confusion and craziness.  We will start with the officer ranks, about 10 at a time, and then move on to the enlisted ranks. 

I would like to extend my thanks to everyone involved in building the Academy; Admiral Random Redshirt, Fleet Captain Dominik Kale, Captain Starfleet, Captain Sean Kirkpatrick, Captain Niomo Lire, Lt Cmdr Nefer Hotep, Lt Cmdr Julian Carter, and Lt Cmdr Zack O'Brien all spent countless hours writing courses.  Captain Sean Kirkpatrick has developed our increadible diplomas with the help of Fleet Captain Dominik Kale; and our own Fleet Admiral Nova has built the CUI. 

We as the Academy Staff cannot wait to invite the first group of cadets to the Academy.  We look forward to seeing you!

Offline Admiral of Starfleet

• STO Trivia Competition #2 Winner
« Reply #108 on: 19 September 2008 03:37 AM »
To sum up what Athos posted, The Academy is uber awesome :)

Offline Nova

• Lotus Fleet
« Reply #109 on: 29 September 2008 03:40 PM »
As some of you may have already noticed, Random Redshirt has been removed as being the Fleets Executive Officer. I would like to assure everyone that this was not for reasons other then what are stated below, and in fact in his service to Lotus Fleet Random Redshirt has quickly become one of this Fleets most valued members, my most valuable voice of reason, and one of my closest friends. Admiral Redshirts retirement comes not entirely as a surprise to myself and the rest of the Fleet Officers as we have known for some time that his sister has not been doing very well. So I would ask that by whatever means you feel appropriate that you please take a moment to consider what him and his family are going through, and if it is with in your beliefs to please prey for them.

Random Redshirt more then anyone else knew that Lotus Fleet has the opportunity to continue to represent the best practices of what it means to be Starfleet Officers in a 21st century world, it is through this practice that Lotus Fleet may continue to be something more then a single member, Redshirt knew this and rather then holding on to a position that he can not commit to he released his control of that slot. In this example Redshirt exhibited even in his greatest need a sense of honor that allowed him to put what was best for the Fleet first...

Today this fleet has lost an XO but I have gained even more respect for the man and hope that all will be well and that one day he may return as a loyal and strong member to Lotus Fleet.

Peace be with you, Live Long and Prosper...

Regards

Fleet Admiral Nova
Commanding Officer
Lotus Fleet