Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: =/\= Lotus Fleet Introduction =/\=  (Read 62680 times)

Offline BLZBUB

• Hailing Frequency Donator
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • USS Betelgeuse
    • Lotus Fleet
Re: =/\= Lotus Fleet Introduction =/\=
« Reply #110 on: 29 September 2008 11:14 PM »
 I will certainly pass along a prayer for Random and his family. Rest assured that "all good things come to pass", and that I believe the Admiral will be back in his chair when time and goof fortune permits.
 Also, on behalf of STOFleet, our thoughts are with him and his family. 
Admiral BLZBUB,
Director of Staff,
Lotus Fleet

Offline Nova

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
    • Lotus Fleet
« Reply #111 on: 06 November 2008 04:48 PM »

State of the Fleet Address Quarter 4

As Lotus Fleet quickly approaches its 1 year anniversary, looking back and seeing the great strides that this Fleet of Starfleet Officers has accomplished brings me great pride and appreciation to you all. Without each of you we would have not been able to succeed in being one of the greatest fleets in the Star Trek Online Community. Many Fleets around the community may have a larger member base, they may even have more experience, only because they have been around longer, however what Lotus Fleet brings to this community of next generation Star Trek fans that will extend the mythos of Star Trek into its MMO form is the power that is wielded from the undying dedication not to me as your leader but to the ideal that Lotus Fleet is truly something greater…something different… something better then what each of you have experienced from other MMO guilds. For those of you who will make STO your first MMO, I can promise you one thing that this experience will be unlike any other that you will have from any other game.

Among some of our fleets great accomplishments this year we have had the honor of having some very talented individuals like Captain Pimm, and Rear Admiral Raven who spent many long hours developing, refining and setting the standard for what will eventually become this fleets primary form of communication. Following this and under the command of Captain Pimm, Lt Commanders Westin, Future, and Rock proceeded to redevelop the new image of Lotus Fleet, it was again here with many long hours that by using as an example Lt. Commander Westin was able to take our previous set of forums and reshape our image by utilizing the forum engine known as vbulletin, an engine that no other fleet in our community is using. During this time Future with input of various great minds in the fleet was able to develop the new look of Lotus Fleet in the form of a incredibly functional website that utilizes the LCARS/TCARS theme in such away that truly sets us apart from any other Fleet. I have stated on numerous occasions that LCARS really was not an artistic direction that I wanted to go towards because I have never seen it implemented in a way that was functional and appealing to the sites visitors. However after much discussion and putting faith in the web development team as well as Rear Admiral Raven, we have been given a website that not only sets the standard in which I hope other fleets can look to us upon, but also redefines an era in which LCARS is used and shows the community that it really can be utilized in a manner that is not damaging to the quality of its design.

As a follow on to the great strides given By Lotus Fleet Operations, Lotus Fleet Academy has spent much of this year working diligently and effectively to bring information not only to the individual Lotus Fleet Member, but also offer a service to the Star Trek community that no other Fleet has ever done… In the coming days Lotus Fleet Academy will be opening its doors to the Star Trek Community, whereby Cadets will have the privilege of attending Star Fleet Academy: Lotus Fleet Division, where they will take any number of courses across 4 different disciplines, upon which after graduation individuals will be given a very unique Diploma, something of which they can take with them to frame, or present in whatever manner they feel is appropriate. As part of this long development and again something that sets us apart from many of the Fleets out there is the shear existence of our Academy. Its true that many Fleets claim to have their own Academy for which there members can attend however I know of only one other Fleet that has an academy that is extensive as ours, and they deserve as much credit for their efforts, however what they do not have is the Cadet User Interface, which presents in a professional manner an Online Schooling environment that allows cadets the immersive feeling of really attending Starfleet Academy. The conceptual design of the Cadet User Interface has become a corner stone of what the Academy is built on and represents the attention to detail that this fleet has. Having coined the term Cadet User Interface, this object much like our use of LCARS in a website, again not only sets the Standard but it is our hope that it redefines that standard to create a community that is well informed, and immersed in humanities aspirations for the future.

As a final note in this address to the Fleet, I would like to look towards my Fleet Officer who of which I am both humbled, and yet honored to have you all as this Fleets leadership. A couple quotes that I am reminded of in honor of these great individuals and your leadership.

From Everett Dirksen
      “I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times”

This quote very nicely sums up the flexiable nature in which each of us has had to endure this year as this fleet has grown, changed and succeeded in its endeavors, the flexibility in communication as well as decisions that at first glance may not make a lot of sense but as a result upon which where made clear after all events played out has cause many to learn the meaning of flexibility including myself.

And finally I leave you with this quote from Isaac Newton:

“If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulder of giants.”

As Lotus Fleet stands a giant in the Star Trek Online Community I can only see a future in which our succees will only be met with our continued dedication to duty, adherence to chain of command, and respect for decisions that may not always be clear but knowing that it is for the betterment of the Fleet and not the individual that the choices we make dictate the future of the fleet.

Thank you again and I am forever humbled by what you all have made of Lotus Fleet.

So heres to another great year for Lotus Fleet and I look forward to addressing this fleet again in Quarter 1 of 2009

Fleet Admiral Nova
Commanding Officer
Lotus Fleet
www.lotusfleet.com

Offline Blackfire

« Reply #112 on: 09 November 2008 09:48 AM »

In the last week in september, my computer encountered a virus that took over my computer completely, it was only a few days ago that I was able to get back online. 

Tho I did not know Random redshirt well, I do wish him the best and for his family.

Irdnova: thanks for that update, I will be looking over the changes to the site shortly.

Offline Nova

• Lotus Fleet
« Reply #113 on: 29 November 2008 04:21 PM »
Attention all hands...

The soft launch has gone well. As expected, there were some kinks to work out of the system. At this point, the only errors anyone is finding are grammatical in nature which is a good sign. As of Wednesday, 19 November, Lotus Fleet Academy opened our doors to all Lotus Fleet Members and that was a huge success. I would estimate that 99% of people are satisfied with Lotus Fleet Academy; consider the courses to be engaging and fair.

And now for the date everyone has been waiting for....Lotus Fleet Academy's Grand Opening will occur on Saturday, 29 November 08. So if you've been holding off going to Lotus Fleet Academy, 29 November is your date to check it out.

I want to make clear that you are not committing yourself to joining Lotus Fleet simply because you attend Lotus Fleet Academy; we open our doors to anyone and everyone. You may, of course, decide to join after attending, but the decision is entirely up to the individual. We also will never attempt to recruit out of the Academy.

And YES TODAY IS THE 29TH!!!!!!!

Offline Nova

• Lotus Fleet
« Reply #114 on: 29 November 2008 05:02 PM »

One of the greatest benefits to how Lotus Fleet is designed is the idea that during our meetings and even our forum posts any member of any rank has the ability to dramatically cause change within the Fleet... for this purpose its with great pride that I introduce to the Star Trek Community the new Lotus Fleet Store www.cafepress.com/lotusfleetstore.

Here members of Lotus Fleet as well as anyone wanting to purchase one of our products, can buy from a number of items listed...however there is a special added twist to this story....

Members of Lotus Fleet pride themselves on being part of a group that continues to push the envelope when it comes to bringing resources and innovative ideas to a guild such as ours... that allows our members the ability to experience a unique and mature environment... falling in line with this tradition I am proud to announce that 100% of all proceeds earned from the sale of these products will be donated to a non-profit organization, of Lotus Fleets Choice.

As a result and as we continue to build upon this idea We would greatly appreciate any thoughts or ideas that the community might have in terms of a Non-profit out their that encourages the exploration of Science, Technology, Humanitarian Aid, Medical and Scientific Discovery, As well as any other Non-profits that are in need of support.

With that said thank you all in advance and we hope that this is a great success!

again please visit www.cafepress.com/lotusfleetstore

Offline Blackfire

« Reply #115 on: 29 November 2008 05:26 PM »

I had a look at the shop and it's very cool!    But can you send money orders?

Offline BLZBUB

• Lieutenant Commander
  • USS Betelgeuse
    • Lotus Fleet
« Reply #116 on: 29 November 2008 09:49 PM »
 Lotus Fleet Academy is well worth it people. I am currently in my second "year" there and am having a bang-up time of it.
 I have even, actually learned something there that I didn't know before, so if this old dog can, you can also!
 I heartily recommend it to all, even if you know lots about Trek and it's many facets, you won't regret attending. My hat is off to the Lotus Fleet staff whom have undertook this project.
 The Grand Opening is today (29 Nov./08), so give it a look-see.

**This endorsement is the sole opinion of BLZBUB and was in no way given under any form of duress or compensation** :)
Admiral BLZBUB,
Director of Staff,
Lotus Fleet

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
« Reply #117 on: 09 December 2008 12:24 PM »
How many  people have been through the academy now? do we have any other member reviews?

Offline Talak Rahl

• Cadet 3rd Class
« Reply #118 on: 13 December 2008 06:07 AM »
To the Star Trek Community,

It is my proud privilege to present to you the Lotus Fleet Academy, which just recently opened up in late November to the public. This is a grand event in the history of Lotus Fleet since our Academy started in development since the formation of the fleet in early January. For 10 months, our Academy Staff headed currently headed by Vice Admiral Athos and Rear Admiral Kirkpatrick have worked tireless and spent countless hours to make sure that everything was in place so that the Academy could have a successful launch. The hard work put into by our Academy Professors and even just knowledgeable members is reflected in the very detailed course content that our Academy offers. Through their dedication to Lotus Fleet, they have molded the Academy into something that everyone can experience and enjoy.

With 4 degrees to choose from in Tactical/Security, Engineering, Medical, or Science, the Lotus Fleet Academy has close to 60 courses and is constantly expanding with each cadet that passes through. Upon the successful completion of the Academy, graduates will receive their own personalized diploma that was designed by the Academy Executive Officer, Rear Admiral Kirkpatrick. Each field provides its own track and everyone will learn something about Star Trek whether you’re a Star Trek veteran or something new!

Without further ado, I would like to extend an invitation to all members of the community who are interested in taking our Academy. It is a public education institution, and cadets are not bound in anyway shape or form to Lotus Fleet after you graduate and you will not be pressured to join Lotus Fleet during your time at the Academy. Come sign up for the Academy, register with our forums, and pick your degree plan to start your Lotus Fleet Academy experience, and on behalf of Lotus Fleet, may your experience there be enjoyable.

Commander Talak Rahl
Fleet Affairs Coordinator
Chief Engineer of the USS Alsea
Lotus Fleet

How many  people have been through the academy now? do we have any other member reviews?

A handful of people have graduated from the Academy, and sadly I am not yet one of those graduates, but I am very very close! In my last year in fact. However, I will tell you that there are about 60-70 registered users right now in our Academy, so that put it into perspective a little more. Hopefully we will see you around Zach! :-)

Offline Nova

• Lotus Fleet
« Reply #119 on: 02 January 2009 02:31 PM »
Lotus Fleet,

This week we will be returning to our normal standard Meeting format.....and as the Fleet Returns to normal operating levels...I would like to welcome all Lotus Fleet Crew Members back, and hope that you had a wonderful Holiday and a Safe and Happy New Year. At anyrate, I would like to order the Fleet back to full operational Status as we will be having a very exciting Year to come...so be prepared, continue the wonderful high quality and professional attitude that each of you have as Starfleet Officers.

Before I get started I would like to encourage all Lotus Fleet members and our Allies to please support us in voting in the StarTrek-Games 2008 Players Choice Awards. This is a incredibly prestigious honor to receive. So if you will please take 5 minutes and vote for Lotus Fleet and Charles Westin in their associated categories. I would also like to show our support for Hailing Frequency in these awards by voting for them as well. Thank you very much.

Tonight is Lotus Fleets 2nd of 2 weekly meetings. Before the Meeting we will be having our Fleet Officer Meeting so please try to attend. Tonight’s meeting will take place at 10:30pm EST on our Team speak server. Please note that having a Microphone is not necessary to attend these meetings. If you would simply like to listen in and type text to us in the bottom of the Team speak window, we will have individuals monitoring that for questions or comments as well as our Shoutbox at www.lotusfleet.com/forums.

If you are not able to attend the meeting please remember that all Lotus Fleet Members can down load the recorded version of every meeting as they are posted in the link/download section in our forums.

I would ask that if you decide to attend the meeting please take this time to pay attention . I dont want to hear about conversations taking place outside of the meeting as its inappropriate for this venue... and free discussions can take place during the round table..this includes any Skype coversations as well. Our meetings are designed to ensure that people are kept well informed and that vital information to the success of the Fleet is given out...

Fleet Admiral Nova
Commanding Officer
Lotus Fleet Command