Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: =/\= Lotus Fleet Introduction =/\=  (Read 61587 times)

Offline knightofhyrule730

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
  • Hero of Time
    • Lotus Fleet
Re: =/\= Lotus Fleet Introduction =/\=
« Reply #50 on: 13 May 2008 02:42 AM »
lol, the nova class isnt going to last long...

though i am on summer break and planning to create a kick ass Lotus Fleet Refit.

one with phasers. everywhere. and cannons that shoot real cannonballs. :D
Vice Admiral Niomo Lire
Lotus Fleet Command Division CO
Unofficial Captain of Awesome

www.lotusfleet.com/forums

Offline BLZBUB

• Hailing Frequency Donator
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • USS Betelgeuse
    • Lotus Fleet
« Reply #51 on: 13 May 2008 02:44 AM »
what the heck good is a cannon ball in space! Orbital bombardment? ^_^
Admiral BLZBUB,
Director of Staff,
Lotus Fleet

Offline Nova

• Lotus Fleet
« Reply #52 on: 13 May 2008 02:24 PM »
Yes yes...  :muaha: Thats it we shall use real canon balls to do orbital bombardment! but the weapon is even greater in its destruction then one might think! the Cannon balls have rabid Tribbles in them that are released upon contact with the planets surface!!!! :supernova:

Offline Nova

• Lotus Fleet
« Reply #53 on: 13 May 2008 04:55 PM »
State of the Fleet Address

Since the January 1st launch of Lotus Fleet I have given only one other of State of the Fleet Address during that address  all of us where experiencing waves of emotions with regard to the future of Star Trek Online. Despite the nearly 5 months of having complete communications blackout with the new developer of Star Trek Online, Lotus Fleet has managed to endure these trying times with success. I can honestly say that it has been a very long and difficult time; our Fleet has in its short life experienced the coming and going of many members that showed great promise as Starfleet Officers. While I can only speculate that these members where simply distracted by the feeling that STO is nothing more then a myth, I am very honored and humbled by the group of individuals that have chosen to see Lotus Fleet as something more then a Star Trek Online guild.

This Fleet has already experienced a great deal of refitting and adjustments that reflect solely down to how we operate successfully, and while we are only engaging a fraction of our infrastructure, I am pleased to say that it is becoming increasingly difficult to maintain our current state. We are currently averaging 1 to 2 members every 2 or 3 weeks and while that is not very much, when compared to other Fleets in the community that are struggling to maintain its own numbers, the fact that our drive and endurance has not slowed is in its self an awesome site. With this concept in mind the Command Staff have been actively discussing whether or not the time is right to activate Lotus Fleet Operations. Originally we had planned to activate this division when the Academy opened its doors to its first class of Starfleet Cadets, however due to a constant trickle of individuals joining Lotus Fleet these questions have been raised.

At this time the Academy courses are approximately 55% complete, with the majority being Year 3 and Year 4 courses. When I review the reports on what courses are currently in progress I can see at this time there more then a half dozen courses are currently being written. The Academy Staff should feel a great sense of pride in what it is that they are achieving today. This monumental task lead by Rear Admiral Athos, Captain Imperator and Captain Ethan R. West and the Academy Professors is by no means a simple task. These Individuals have shown a level of dedication to this Fleet that will be remembered for as long as Lotus Fleet exists, itís through the combined work of these individuals that our future members will be among the best and most knowledgeable of all Starfleet Officers within STO and other Star Trek role-playing and gaming environments. However despite the great strides that the academy staffs have made, we are still in great need of individuals to fill the vital roles of our Fleets Academy Professors, so I would encourage anyone that has an interest in any of our 5 remaining Academy Positions to please contact Rear Admiral Athos or Captain Imperator.

In addition to the great strides that our Fleet has made to its Infrastructure and the Academy, we have also managed to update and change the look and feel of Lotus Fleet as a whole, with the inclusion of customized division logos that link each of Lotus Fleets divisions to their main page. Thanks to the hard work and attention to detail Commander Docsean has managed to give Lotus Fleet a new look and for this we are grateful. Some of Commander Docseans other achievements are the completion and implementation of the Fleet Wide Forum Signatures as well as a finalized version of Lotus Fleets Academy Diploma. The meticulous detail that has gone into each of his works is only a small example of the overall gratitude and pride that I have for each of our members. It is exciting to know that one day when the Academy opens its doors that both members and non-members will be welcome to experience Starfleet Academy that was written and designed by Star Trek fans alike as well as upon graduation they will receive a Starfleet Diploma that they can hang with pride anywhere they choose.

Along with the new appearances that Lotus Fleet has and the accomplishments being done within our Academy Lotus Fleet is still very much dedicated to the proposals that where given on the Hailing Frequency website with regard to the United Federation of Fleets. In addition we are also still hard at work on our new website as well as a custom Lotus Fleet Academy Cadet Interface that will allow our cadets the ability to see all of the information that they should have access to during their Academy career, to include current courses, available courses, completed course scores and a multitude of other features. This process is very slow, but coming along. 

As I come to a close I would like to also highlight that Lotus Fleet has instituted an Awards system that will allow our members to receive special commendations that highlight their great achievements.

Thank you

Fleet Admiral Nova
Commanding Officer
Lotus Fleet Command
www.lotusfleet.com

Offline Athos

• Lotus Fleet
« Reply #54 on: 14 May 2008 03:00 AM »
Basically...the state of the Fleet is Strong!  :muaha:

Offline Athos

• Lotus Fleet
« Reply #55 on: 16 May 2008 12:13 AM »
Since we are 15 days into the month, for those that are interested, here is a trivia update:

Currently, Athos (Captain Crowl) is leading the way with 6 wins and 115 points with Redshirt in second (3 wins, 109 points).

It's only half way through the month so it's still anyone's game.  I know that I'm not relaxing one bit.

Offline Admiral of Starfleet

• STO Trivia Competition #2 Winner
« Reply #56 on: 16 May 2008 02:28 AM »
and I am trying to maintain a close third with 1 win and 102 points.

Offline knightofhyrule730

• Hero of Time
    • Lotus Fleet
« Reply #57 on: 16 May 2008 02:19 PM »
Lol, i keep forgetting to take part in the contest. XD
Vice Admiral Niomo Lire
Lotus Fleet Command Division CO
Unofficial Captain of Awesome

www.lotusfleet.com/forums

Offline Athos

• Lotus Fleet
« Reply #58 on: 16 May 2008 09:53 PM »
and I am trying to maintain a close third with 1 win and 102 points.

Actually, since we go by number of wins, then by number of points, Redding is in 3rd with 2 wins, then AoS is in 4th with 1 win

Offline Admiral of Starfleet

• STO Trivia Competition #2 Winner
« Reply #59 on: 17 May 2008 12:54 AM »
That stinks points should count. :@

I have reasons for my heresy: Lets say a guy wins on the trivia with a 10/10 and the next day only scores 4/10 and another dude scores are high the two times he plays, who has more Trek Knowledge?
« Last Edit: 17 May 2008 02:57 AM by Admiral of Starfleet »