Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: =/\= Lotus Fleet Introduction =/\=  (Read 62680 times)

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
Re: =/\= Lotus Fleet Introduction =/\=
« Reply #90 on: 24 July 2008 09:11 AM »
I defy anyone to find a popular gaming podcast that is not adult in its content.

Ahem.

In Total, Hailing Frequency recieved around 58,000 downloads in total for the month of june, 54,000 for the month of May,  and for July to Date and at the time of this post, we have recieved exactly 59,617 downloads this month.

Hailing Frequency has been and will always be Family Friendly. We do not have any adult content in our shows whatsoever.

I believe that makes us a Popular Gaming Podcast that is not adult in its content.

Thank You

Offline Lepton

• Cadet 2nd Class
« Reply #91 on: 25 July 2008 02:07 AM »
Hmm, I think one can take this role play angle a little too far.  I defy anyone to find a popular gaming podcast that is not adult in its content.  I mean, what occurred on sto-zone.com live cast is nothing compared to Shawn Elliot's stories about griefing folks in Second Life sex clubs.  I think that you will find that a good number of people if not the majority of people who will be involved in Star Trek Online would have found any remarks made on sto-zone.com perfectly entertaining and probably quite funny.  I think your view of the potential Star Trek Online community is pretty skewed.  I would say that your view of the Star Trek Fan is pretty narrow, while sto-zone.com is addressing real people out there as opposed to some infinitesimally small Role Play community.

Simple as this Lepton. We have underage minors in our fleet. Regardless if everyone finds it entertaining or not, we can't support that while still continuing to have people under the age of 18 within our fleet.

I suppose no one in your fleet watches R rated movies as well as there are minors in the fleet?  I have never heard of anything so ridiculous.  Who said your "minors" had to listen to the podcast? 

Game companies and game publishers such as EA advertise on these gaming podcasts that have adult content.  This is the same company that publishes games from Spore to Crysis to Rock Band.  So if someone with an economic interest in the gaming world advertises on such podcasts, it seems rather preposterous to suppose that the root of severing these ties with Mr. J has anything to do with the "adult" nature of the podcast.  The agenda is clear here, especially given the recent announcment of Lotus Fleet sponsoring HF live cast at the same damn time as Mr J.

Come off your pseudo-moral horse and own up to your duplicities.

Offline Admiral of Starfleet

• STO Trivia Competition #2 Winner
  • Lieutenant Junior Grade
« Reply #92 on: 25 July 2008 02:58 AM »
Its a matter of principle, Lotus Fleet does not support adult content. Therefore we do not support STO zone. :ugh4:

There are no ulterior motives!!!!

Lotus Fleet sponsors HF and used to sponsor STO zone and we were offering vegas convention coverage to them so we were never biased. Lotus Fleet is hosting the HF live server because that is Lotus Fleet's nature, hellping fellow members of the trek gaming community. Stop trying to find a conspiracy where there isnt one.
I would listen to STO zone if there was no adult content.

Converation with Mr. J over Skype:

[10:36:26 PM] Will Parker (Starfleet) says: I want you to know that although I have stopped listening to your show due to its content there are no ulterior motives for this.
[10:36:50 PM] STOZone says: ulterior motives for what, bro?
[10:37:55 PM] Will Parker (Starfleet) says: Lepton keeps saying Lotus Fleet and its members severed ties with your show because of ulterior motives
[10:38:28 PM] STOZone says: oh, um well i don't know anything behind that, but i consder lotus fleet my friends and i respect their decision not to listen
[10:38:32 PM] STOZone says: no hard feelings :)
[10:38:40 PM] Will Parker (Starfleet) says: ok
« Last Edit: 25 July 2008 03:41 AM by Admiral of Starfleet »

Offline Random Redshirt

• Hailing Frequency Donator
« Reply #93 on: 25 July 2008 03:48 AM »
I suppose no one in your fleet watches R rated movies as well as there are minors in the fleet?  I have never heard of anything so ridiculous.  Who said your "minors" had to listen to the podcast? 

Game companies and game publishers such as EA advertise on these gaming podcasts that have adult content.  This is the same company that publishes games from Spore to Crysis to Rock Band.  So if someone with an economic interest in the gaming world advertises on such podcasts, it seems rather preposterous to suppose that the root of severing these ties with Mr. J has anything to do with the "adult" nature of the podcast.  The agenda is clear here, especially given the recent announcment of Lotus Fleet sponsoring HF live cast at the same damn time as Mr J.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion Lepton. Sure, the timing may seem "shadowy" to you, however, we had already begun discussing this matter in the hours after the infamous dolphin show.

We decided that it would be best to cut ties because we do not want the Lotus Fleet name associated with the content that was airing on that show. It was a radical departure from the original programming that was indicated, it was adult subject matter and it had nothing to do with Star Trek.

We didn't tell our members not to go to the site, we didn't tell them they couldn't listen. What we said is we will not officially sponser in any way shape or form that particular content. You may find it funny. We did not. That doesn't make us any better than you, and it doesn't make you any better than us. All it means is we don't want to have our name associated with that sort of content.

If you don't like our explanation, don't believe it, don't believe me or anyone else when we tell you our reasons, so be it. There isn't any more I can do to try and explain it any better than our official statement.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline Lepton

• Cadet 2nd Class
« Reply #94 on: 25 July 2008 06:33 AM »

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion Lepton. Sure, the timing may seem "shadowy" to you, however, we had already begun discussing this matter in the hours after the infamous dolphin show.

We decided that it would be best to cut ties because we do not want the Lotus Fleet name associated with the content that was airing on that show. It was a radical departure from the original programming that was indicated, it was adult subject matter and it had nothing to do with Star Trek.

We didn't tell our members not to go to the site, we didn't tell them they couldn't listen. What we said is we will not officially sponser in any way shape or form that particular content. You may find it funny. We did not. That doesn't make us any better than you, and it doesn't make you any better than us. All it means is we don't want to have our name associated with that sort of content.

If you don't like our explanation, don't believe it, don't believe me or anyone else when we tell you our reasons, so be it. There isn't any more I can do to try and explain it any better than our official statement.

Horse 'censored'.  So you think the announcment here,

http://www.hailingfrequency.co.uk/boards/index.php?topic=885.0

Server Technology for the Hailing Frequency streaming server is being gratiously provided by Lotus Fleet and is being powered by Winamps Shoutcast Software.  All Music used on Hailing Frequency will be entirely Creative Commons.

has absolutely nothing to do with the events that have taken place.  And a mere 4 days before Mr J's countdown show we get an announcement of HF's own countdown show as provided by your own organization.  Awfully convenient timing, don't you think?

Offline Random Redshirt

« Reply #95 on: 25 July 2008 06:54 AM »
Look Lepton, I'm not going to sit here and argue with you.

We made our stance clear, it's all covered in our official statement. If you carefully reread our statement, you would find that if STO Zone were ever to reformat and remove the adult content, then we would re-establish ties. I doubt it would happen, but if it did, I for one would listen again. When the focus of the show was on Star Trek Online and not on adult humor and sex stories, it was good. But frankly I don't listen to Howard Stern because of what he puts on the air, so why should Juliano be any different?

You don't want to believe it, that is your perogative. It's time to put this thing to rest.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
« Reply #96 on: 25 July 2008 02:56 PM »
I'd like to ask all Lotus Fleet Members to stop responding to Leptons comments - He has been sent a warning PM on the matter.

Thank You

Offline Nova

• Lotus Fleet
« Reply #97 on: 26 July 2008 05:47 AM »

Hello Everyone!!!

Lotus Fleet would like to announce that come Sunday 27th we will no longer be giving the field promotion of Ensign to new members, as such all new members that choose to join Lotus Fleet After Sunday will be given the rank of Crewman upon joining our Ranks.

with that said once our Academy is completed (81 percent complete) we will be bringing all new Lotus Fleet members in as Cadets, so that they will be of the appropriate rank within Lotus Fleets Academy.

So if you have been thinking about joining Lotus Fleet but where not sure as to when you should do it. Dont pass up the opertunity to Join the Fleet as a Ensign, because after Sunday that option will no longer be available.

Thank you

Fleet Admiral Nova
Commanding Officer
Lotus Fleet
www.lotusfleet.com
« Last Edit: 26 July 2008 11:54 AM by Kinneas »

Offline Nova

• Lotus Fleet
« Reply #98 on: 05 August 2008 07:18 PM »
State of the Fleet Address 3rd Quarter

Moving into the 3rd quarter of 2008, as this fleets commanding officer, I review the last six months that Lotus Fleet has existed in the absence of any word, any vision, or any news of Star Trek Online. As a Fleet we had hoped that Lotus Fleet could be designed in such a way that we would not only feel proud to service the Star Trek, Star Trek Gaming, and Star Trek online communities but that we could be seen as a standard for new and upcoming fleets preparing for STO to build themselves upon. Unfortunately early into first quarter of 2008 the Star Trek Community was devastated by PE news of Star Trek Online. As young as Lotus Fleet was had we been any normal fleet with normal members the Fleet would have folded and simply died away among the masses of Star Trek Online fans that seemed to disappear into the distance with their heads held low with disappointment. However, early on it was became quite apparent that while Star Trek Online was dead, at least for the moment, Lotus Fleet members where far from discouraged, Yes its true we all felt a sense of despair at some point but together we worked, we talked, and prevailed in our actions to continue steadfast and strong.

As I give this address to the Fleet and the various Star Trek Communities I report that Lotus Fleets Academy of 60+ courses ranging 4 distinct Professions is more then 80% complete, and as we continue to work ever diligently on a new website, a fully functional cadet interface that will house our Academy courses, I continue to look back to the humble beginnings of this Fleet and peer forward to announce that all three of Lotus Fleets Divisions are operational in one capacity or another. Granted our infrastructure is not yet 100% and as we fill vital roles within the Fleet and develop our procedures, Our Academy will be available to everyone with out the need of having a membership to Lotus Fleet, upon graduation you will have earned a Starfleet diploma, and should you choose to join Lotus Fleet, my newest Fleet Officer Rear Admiral Raven and the Lotus Fleet Operations Staff will be there to guide the newest members of Lotus Fleet through the enlisted ranks, it is within Lotus Fleet Operations that we hope to spend time with our new members showing them the ropes, introducing them to the “Lotus Fleet” way of doing things as well as ensuring that no one individual is forgotten about. Since the creation of Lotus Fleet I have tried to make it a point to meet and speak with every single member that joins Lotus Fleet, as it is within the best interest of our fleet and new members to have the ability to speak with the person that they look too and feel comfortable that their commanding officer shares their thoughts, ideals and concerns for a cultural Icon that is held so dear to everyone. However as the fleet has continued to grow it has become increasingly difficult to speak with everyone, however I will continue to endeavor to make this a priority to know the names of everyone in Lotus Fleet.

As we look to the future and what is in store for everyone, I am proud to be apart of a group that continues to show itself as wanting to be at the forefront of Star Trek Online news so much so that we will actually spend the time to seek it out, and now with the introduction of the wonderful forums that exist not only on hailing frequency but as well as Star Trek Online that news is not far from our grasp. I truly feel that Cryptic Studios wants the best for Star Trek Online just as a parent would want the best for their child, and it is with great pride that I can say that Lotus Fleet will be right there waiting patiently to experience the future incarnation of Star Trek into our lives.

Thank you and I hope that the next 3 months are as adventurous as the last 6 months have been.

Fleet Admiral Nova
Commanding Officer
Lotus Fleet
www.lotusfleet.com

Offline BLZBUB

• Lieutenant Commander
  • USS Betelgeuse
    • Lotus Fleet
« Reply #99 on: 07 August 2008 02:52 AM »
 80% eh!
 Are you having an advanced warp theory course?

Just kidding Lrdnova. I have been following the progress of Lotus ( and a few other) fleet,s as we await launch. I can't wait to see the completed academy.
Admiral BLZBUB,
Director of Staff,
Lotus Fleet