Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: =/\= Lotus Fleet Introduction =/\=  (Read 61964 times)

Offline Athos

• Hailing Frequency Donator
  • Lieutenant Junior Grade
    • Lotus Fleet
Re: =/\= Lotus Fleet Introduction =/\=
« Reply #80 on: 07 July 2008 03:20 AM »
Me thinks "someone" is looking for a third Pip on his collar!  ^_^

LOL...well, Kinneas has no bearing on the decision of my promotion...that would be up to Fleet Admiral Nova and Admiral Random Redshirt.  I just wanted to let Kinneas know just how much I like the Academy's logo.  :ilovestartrek:

Offline Random Redshirt

« Reply #81 on: 07 July 2008 06:10 PM »
Lotus Fleet would like to announce that we are now accepting applications for our newest Forum Based Role-Playing event, "The Nehalem Project"!

The Nehalem Project is an SCE style RP event, centered around the construction of Lotus Fleet's newest vessel, the USS Nehalem. Currently, we are accepting applications for engineering staff to complete the design and construction of the vessel, and will open up to science personnel in the later stages of construction to assist in the installation of science labs, sensors, etc. Personnel assigned to the Nehalem Project will serve under myself as the Engineer of Record (EOR) and will be asked to familiarize themselves with the design schematics and blueprints before proceeding with work on the vessel.

Anyone who might be interested in taking part, please visit Lotus Fleet at:

www.lotusfleet.com

Admiral Random Redshirt
Lotus Fleet Executive Officer, Nehalem Project EOR
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline Imperator83

• Cadet 4th Class
    • Lotus Fleet
« Reply #82 on: 10 July 2008 01:06 AM »
 :photon: Well I figured I may as well throw in my 2 cents seeing as how I haven't been posting on here nearly as much as I really should be.  I am also a member of Lotus Fleet and have been for some time, though I just haven't found my way over here to post in quite some time.  I'm currently serving as the Academy XO/Professor of Science, so if there is anyone out there that is looking to join the fleet and can prove their worth to eventually become the true Professor of Science "Come on down".  Well that is it catch ya'll lata

Offline Nova

• Lotus Fleet
« Reply #83 on: 17 July 2008 02:26 PM »
Hello Star Trek Gamers!

Today I am proud to announce that Hailing Frequency Pod Cast has been kind enough to supply Lotus Fleet with the opportunity to purchase certain types of Pins, Stickers and Clothing all with the Lotus Fleet Command, Academy, and Operations division Logos present directly from their Cafe Press Store.

I wanted to personally thank Kinneas for once again applying his time and talents to supporting Lotus Fleet, in this manner. The Crew of Hailing Frequency has been very kind and welcoming to us and this is just another example of how willing they are to ensure that the community of Star Trek Fans remains informed and well dressed for every occasion. In addition to the Overwhelming support that Hailing Frequency has given to Lotus Fleet I would also like to give my thanks and appreciation to Mr. J with regard to the Air Time that Lotus Fleet has been given on STOZone, not to mention the absolute fun we as a Fleet have been having with all of the events and news that comes from both of these great sites.

As a result I would like encourage members of Lotus Fleet and the rest of the Hailing Frequency and STOZone Community to take a look at the Store and show your support through the fashion and accessories that are available. Not to mention for every item sold Hailing Frequency gets a percentage of the proceeds that goes to supporting this wonderful site and its Pod Cast!

I personally have purchased a Lotus Fleet Cap, a Hailing Frequency Polo, and my Son is sporting a Blue Onesie with Alter Ego on it!, and let me tell you he really is Alter Ego's Little Minion.

Offline Nova

• Lotus Fleet
« Reply #84 on: 22 July 2008 09:25 PM »
Lotus Fleet and Star Trek Gaming Community.

As of July 22, 2008 Lotus Fleet is officially severing any and all relations and official ties to STO-Zone.com.

It has come to the attention of this commanding body that the content and practices of the STOZONE Live broadcasts, being that they are of an adult nature, do not hold to the values and conditions held by Lotus Fleet as a whole nor do we feel that they are relavent to Star Trek, Star Trek Gaming or Star Trek Online.

These actions are in accordance with the Fleet's Code of Conduct as it is the responsibility of the Fleets Command Staff to ensure that our members are not subjected nor take part in inappropriate content that would be deemed as being unbecoming of a Starfleet Officer. As such knowing that some of our members are under age, and having respect for them and their loved ones Lotus Fleet can not and will not support any content that is inappropriate for those members.

Knowing and understanding that we can not enforce nor expect all of our members to cease and desist from all activity with regard to participating in forum discussions and listening to STOZone Live, The Command Staff does ask that our members please remove any and all Lotus Fleet Signatures and Lotus Fleet identifying information from your public profiles that appear on the STOZone domain (STOZone.com)

As such in the future should this commanding body be made aware that STOZone Live has changed its platform to accommodate a wider range of Star Trek Fans, Lotus Fleet will reconsider our position and we look forward to making that decision when the time comes.

This message does not apply to STOZONE.net which is ran by Hailing Frequency.co.uk

Thank you

Fleet Admiral Nova
Commanding Officer
Lotus Fleet
www.lotusfleet.com
« Last Edit: 22 July 2008 09:36 PM by lrdnova »

Offline Lepton

• Cadet 2nd Class
« Reply #85 on: 24 July 2008 01:44 AM »
Hmm, I think one can take this role play angle a little too far.  I defy anyone to find a popular gaming podcast that is not adult in its content.  I mean, what occurred on sto-zone.com live cast is nothing compared to Shawn Elliot's stories about griefing folks in Second Life sex clubs.  I think that you will find that a good number of people if not the majority of people who will be involved in Star Trek Online would have found any remarks made on sto-zone.com perfectly entertaining and probably quite funny.  I think your view of the potential Star Trek Online community is pretty skewed.  I would say that your view of the Star Trek Fan is pretty narrow, while sto-zone.com is addressing real people out there as opposed to some infinitesimally small Role Play community.
« Last Edit: 24 July 2008 01:48 AM by Lepton »

Offline Admiral of Starfleet

• STO Trivia Competition #2 Winner
« Reply #86 on: 24 July 2008 02:16 AM »
Lotus Fleet holds its member to a higher standard than you do; We arent "common" trek fans.
« Last Edit: 24 July 2008 02:21 AM by Admiral of Starfleet »

Offline Kinneas

• Illustrator/Designer
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • Howdy, folks!
« Reply #87 on: 24 July 2008 02:24 AM »
The adult content is only one reason folks were mad.

There are many more factors at play.

Offline Athos

• Lotus Fleet
« Reply #88 on: 24 July 2008 04:40 AM »
Hmm, I think one can take this role play angle a little too far.  I defy anyone to find a popular gaming podcast that is not adult in its content.  I mean, what occurred on sto-zone.com live cast is nothing compared to Shawn Elliot's stories about griefing folks in Second Life sex clubs.  I think that you will find that a good number of people if not the majority of people who will be involved in Star Trek Online would have found any remarks made on sto-zone.com perfectly entertaining and probably quite funny.  I think your view of the potential Star Trek Online community is pretty skewed.  I would say that your view of the Star Trek Fan is pretty narrow, while sto-zone.com is addressing real people out there as opposed to some infinitesimally small Role Play community.

Lepton, thank you for addressing your opinion; it is heard and respected.  Basically, what it boils down to, is that everyone is different.  One can never make one Fleet or show or whatever that everyone likes or agrees on.  Lotus Fleet has a set of standards, of duty, honor, integrity, and mutual respect for everyone, that we hold our members to.  If people like and agree with those standards, then they should join us.  If not, then I'm sure that there are other Fleets that fit their personalities better.  One can never generalize what a Star Trek Fan is, which I think you'll agree with.  In Lotus Fleet, we all adhere to the Lotus Fleet General Orders and Code of Conduct, to which multiple people helped to build...not just one person.

Basically, we are who we are.  We ask that you respect us for that just as we respect everyone else for who they are.  That does not mean that we agree with everyone, but we do respect them for who they are.

Offline Random Redshirt

« Reply #89 on: 24 July 2008 05:16 AM »

Simple as this Lepton. We have underage minors in our fleet. Regardless if everyone finds it entertaining or not, we can't support that while still continuing to have people under the age of 18 within our fleet.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage