Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Legacy: NO Upgrade System, only Energy Allocation system!  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Acidrain

• Ensign
    • OutpostGamez
Legacy: NO Upgrade System, only Energy Allocation system!
« on: 23 November 2006 06:49 AM »
Legacy: NO Upgrade System, only Energy Allocation system!

Well, with the resent video released it seems there is no upgrade system. The Strat guide has also indicated that you will use command points to purchase new ships to add to ones fleet. Also in the resent interview with STGU, it says as follows:

MADDOC: We had experimented with a more traditional upgrade system, but we found it to be redundant with the energy allocation system. Each ship can reroute power to one of three main systems. More power to your shield system increases shield strength. Allocating power to your engines means faster speeds and better turning. Power to your weapons will boost your recharge rates and ranges. Keep in mind that allocating power to one system will take it away from another. This energy allocation system means no two players will command the Defiant quite the same.

The official forums are just jumping all over this with disappointment.

Acidrain

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
Re: Legacy: NO Upgrade System, only Energy Allocation system!
« Reply #1 on: 23 November 2006 09:33 AM »
I think we should wait for an official comment regarding this before we jump to conclusions.

I will speak to Pete Calabria and see what he can tell me.

Offline Acidrain

• Ensign
    • OutpostGamez
Re: Legacy: NO Upgrade System, only Energy Allocation system!
« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2006 04:26 PM »
I know, though it was in STGU interview after all and the video doesnt seem to show it. I my opinion it looks to be dumped as many of us suspected.

Acidrian