Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dynaverse.net. "SFC not being 'Masterminded' ! "  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Kinneas

• Illustrator/Designer
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • Howdy, folks!
Dynaverse.net. "SFC not being 'Masterminded' ! "
« on: 23 May 2008 08:59 AM »
The folks on Dynaverse want to clear up some speculation about who or who is not behind SFC4.
http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163380719.0.html  (add edit Kinneas:  Post gone?)

It was stated they are not being 'masterminded'. That there is nobody previously associated with SFC working on the 'wholly community driven' development of SFC4.

I must be partly responsible for them having to make such a post.  I have been doing a lot of speculating and asking questions lately after Erik Bethke started popping up again and making headlines...and then SFC4 gets announced.

I wondered immediately if he was involved in any way.

Then just days ago, Erik Bethke blogs about how to make Star Trek Online, starting with something like SFC and that he can do it for FIVE million only.  http://erikbethke.livejournal.com/28780.html?view=51308#t51308
--
On 'other' masterminds besides 'folks who have previously worked on SFC':   I was also wondering if Paramount and CBS were involved in SFC4 somehow as their names are all over the whois on starfleetcommand4.com.net.org and on SFC4.com.net.org.

So I asked.
---

Can there really be no 'mastermind' behind this ?

Dynaverse.net says "NO!"
« Last Edit: 23 May 2008 08:33 PM by Kinneas »

Offline Athos

• Hailing Frequency Donator
  • Lieutenant Junior Grade
    • Lotus Fleet
Re: Dynaverse.net. "SFC not being 'Masterminded' ! "
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2008 09:26 PM »
Well, I see this as a very good thing.  They've already stated that they want to recapture the style of SFC I & II, so no need to worry about it being like SFC III.  Another good thing is that what they tell us comes from them.  This is important because we don't have to worry about them saying something, then the 'mastermind' changing their minds for them. 

We also have the creativity factor; the developers will be able to create their own set of rules instead of having to run ideas through someone. 

Offline DougQB

• Cadet 1st Class
Re: Dynaverse.net. "SFC not being 'Masterminded' ! "
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2008 11:38 PM »
Well, I see this as a very good thing.  They've already stated that they want to recapture the style of SFC I & II, so no need to worry about it being like SFC III. 

Hooray!    =)

heh, now I shall have to keep an eye on how development proceeds with SFC4.    :p