Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 'Star Trek XI' Spoilers From AICN  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
'Star Trek XI' Spoilers From AICN
« on: 27 June 2008 05:23 PM »
[justify]Harry Knowles of Ain't It Cool News recently visited the editing room and got a sneak peek at early Star Trek XI footage.

As reported by Ain't It Cool News, Knowles saw perhaps seven minutes of the film while on his visit including several interesting scenes.

One scene was of Sarek and Amanda, with a baby Spock. "He showed me a scene of Ben Cross [Sarek] & Winona Ryder [Amanda Grayson]) cradling a baby Spock on the surface of Vulcan," said Knowles. "...There was no dialogue here, and Vulcan wasn’t really there yet – what was there was a great rock formation."

To read more, head to the article located here. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37248 [/justify]

Offline Random Redshirt

• Hailing Frequency Donator
  • Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 'Star Trek XI' Spoilers From AICN
« Reply #1 on: 27 June 2008 05:55 PM »
[justify]Harry Knowles of Ain't It Cool News recently visited the editing room and got a sneak peek at early Star Trek XI footage.

As reported by Ain't It Cool News, Knowles saw perhaps seven minutes of the film while on his visit including several interesting scenes.

One scene was of Sarek and Amanda, with a baby Spock. "He showed me a scene of Ben Cross [Sarek] & Winona Ryder [Amanda Grayson]) cradling a baby Spock on the surface of Vulcan," said Knowles. "...There was no dialogue here, and Vulcan wasn’t really there yet – what was there was a great rock formation."

To read more, head to the article located here. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37248 [/justify]

I read the article. It scared me. Take back the badness please.  :ugh:
« Last Edit: 27 June 2008 05:57 PM by Random Redshirt »
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline BLZBUB

• Lieutenant Commander
  • USS Betelgeuse
    • Lotus Fleet
« Reply #2 on: 27 June 2008 06:01 PM »
Badness? Knowles' closing paragraphs should not have scared anyone?

This is a Trek future more in tune with the present we have and the future that would come from where we are now. That said, I can’t wait to see more.

I can't wait either!
 :Constitution:
Admiral BLZBUB,
Executive Officer; Director of Staff,
Lotus Fleet

Offline Zach

• President
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: 27 June 2008 06:13 PM »
I am really looking forward to this.

I used to be a REALLY big fan of Star Trek, to the point where i refused to watch other Sci-Fi Shows, and i still am a really big fan, but seeing other sci fi shows since 2003, Stargate, BSG, even Heroes and Lost that are a good Sci fi / Drama / Fantasy mix, Trek just dosent hold up anymore. I flick past trek on the TV thinking its soo...."pajama'y" .

It sounds like Abrahms is doing a really good job though, i am looking forward to it.

Offline Random Redshirt

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: 27 June 2008 06:27 PM »
Personally, I think this will be the Batman franchise all over again.

The first was great (TOS), The next, not as stunning, but still quite good (TNG-VOY), then comes the first failure (ENT) followed by still more failure, till finally, they "re-boot" with Batman Begins. But does that mean that Trek will be re-done all the way to Voyager and beyond? I only ask because TNG, DS9 and VOY drew far more viewers than TOS ever did, and maybe they are going about the reboot all wrong. Perhaps they should reboot Trek from it's future, post-Nemesis, and leave the past alone that everyone loves so much!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage